Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Can anyone recommend a writing curriculum for elementary students?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM
  • 10 Replies

Anyone?

Thank you.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We love write shop. It is hands on and very inexpensive.
patnic
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Quoting jen2150: We love write shop. It is hands on and very inexpensive.

Do I need the Teacher Edition and the Activity Pack?  Or could I just use the Teacher Edition?

lovelylady83
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Writing With Ease

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
You can get by without the teachers edition but it is very helpful. Lots of great tips and ideas. You just want to develop your own program using the studet pages you could do that as well. I ordered the ebook version and it worked quite well. I love all the creative writing that is found in the program. We are doing invitations right now and even they are filled with creative writing.

Quoting patnic:

Do I need the Teacher Edition and the Activity Pack?  Or could I just use the Teacher Edition?

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
activity pack is very useful.

Quoting patnic:

RCKimmo
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting patnic:

For WriteShop Primary, there's only one worksheet for each lesson in the Activity Pack. It's just a thin little packet, but the pages introduce each lesson's new concept. You could possibly get by without it.

WriteShop Junior is different, though. The Activity Pack is as thick as the teacher's book! I don't think the teacher's guide can work on its own. The student Activity Pack is more than just helpful, since it has the brainstorming pages, game pieces, and editing checklists. The games and worksheets are part of what makes the program fun! Plus, the activity Pack has the Fold-N-Go Grammar your kids will need in order to learn certain skills. 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Not trying to steal away from the initial post, but we've been using Write Shop too and love it.
We just finished the Write Shop Jr Level D book, I know the level E book is supposed to be out (or out soon???). I was just wondering if you know more about it, otherwise I have no clue what we're doing for writing next year myself!

Quoting RCKimmo:

Quoting patnic:

For WriteShop Primary, there's only one worksheet for each lesson in the Activity Pack. It's just a thin little packet, but the pages introduce each lesson's new concept. You could possibly get by without it.

WriteShop Junior is different, though. The Activity Pack is as thick as the teacher's book! I don't think the teacher's guide can work on its own. The student Activity Pack is more than just helpful, since it has the brainstorming pages, game pieces, and editing checklists. The games and worksheets are part of what makes the program fun! Plus, the activity Pack has the Fold-N-Go Grammar your kids will need in order to learn certain skills. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
RCHOUDH
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I've heard good things about Susan Bauer's Writing with Ease curriculum. Here's their Amazon page: Writing with Ease

RCKimmo
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quote:

We just finished the Write Shop Jr Level D book, I know the level E book is supposed to be out (or out soon???). I was just wondering if you know more about it

Book E is supposed to be released soon. http://www.writeshop.com/blog/writeshop-junior-book-e-coming-soon/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN