OT: Just For Fun: Are You a Social Media Junkie?
Do you use The Twitter? Do you complain bitterly on the interwebs every time Facebook changes something minor? (Itâ€™s major! Itâ€™s always major!) Is your cellphone superglued to your hand?
You may be a social media junkie. There is currently no cure for this, short of an electromagnetic pulse that would basically just wipe out all electronics, and if that happens, youâ€™ll probably have bigger things to worry about than tweeting -- like your bank balance.
Here are 12 signs youâ€™re a social media junkie.
- You have at least three Twitter apps on your phone, each one signed into a different account. You find thatâ€™s easier than toggling between screen names in a single app, and you donâ€™t want to have any embarrassing mistweets.
- When you go somewhere with a friend, upon arriving, the first thing out of your mouth is, "Are you checking us in on Facebook or should I?"
- Your kid says a hilarious one-liner and follows it up immediately with, â€śDonâ€™t tweet that!â€ť
- Youâ€™ve posted something from the gynecologistâ€™s office. While you were on the table. With your feet in stirrups.
- You have shed actual tears that Pinterest wasnâ€™t around before you got married.
- Since you donâ€™t want to be a douche that Instagrams every course at dinner, you snap a pic of each plate (donâ€™t forget the bread basket!) and then collage them together with Diptic.
- You use Instagram as a verb.
- You own multiple chargers. Thereâ€™s one upstairs and one downstairs. An adapter in the car. Thereâ€™s one in your purse. You know which bars have accessible outlets, and you make sure to tip the bartender well for keeping an eye on your precious phone.
- Your mom calls to see if you're OK because you haven't tweeted all day.
- If youâ€™re an iPhone user, you see Android users as either wannabes or hipster nonconformists. Or wannabe hipster nonconformists.
- If youâ€™re an Android user, you see iPhone users as pretentious lemmings.
- Youâ€™re nodding your head right now, because this list basically describes your life. Go ahead, hit the share button and tweet it out. You know you want to.
Are you a social media junkie?