Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Lesson Plan?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:29 PM
  • 5 Replies

What do you ladies keep in your planners? What are somethings that are absolutely necessary?

by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:41 PM

My planners are pretty simple. I just have a folder filled with lined paper. In one section I keep records of what was taught on what day, in another I write outlines of what I plan on doing for the week.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I do the same. I have a binder with lined paper.  I write the date, the # of days in school and then an area for each subject of what we did.  I then 3 hole punch any worksheets from the day and put them behind the lined paper. 

I started the year off with an actual planner and threw that out pretty quickly because each day changed so quickly as to where we were and what we were working on that it was just a waste of my time.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:01 PM
I still haven't found the right system for us. But I have a teacher lesson plan book (I had intended to be a ps teacher for years, lol, I stocked up in some stuff)...in it I separate by TJ/together/Kara..and then each subject. I jot stuff down in there. I also put my work schedule in there and any other events that week (dance, basketball, co op, library, friends, etc). I typically don't write in it until that morning, I am a huge slacker in this area.

I also have a couple notebooks going...I write outlines for different subjects. So for example, I had Ancient Rome and listed the 8 things DH told me were important (I need a lot of guidance with history!) and then I write down resources for each subtopic. Then I can use that to make my daily/weekly plans. I just started this notebook method recently and it has helped me be more organized for the mornings. If I haven't written down the day's plans, I can glance in the notebook and pick a few things quickly.

Then I make each kid a list with a small box next to each item so they can check it off as they go. I write this list on one of those longish lined sticky notes. I then keep these notes (dated) in a folder so I can look back to see what they did.
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Mine is in my head. LOL Honestly I use a write board and make daily goals. I use google docs for writing lessons plans for my homeschool co-op that I run. I have a pocket file organizer on my wall where I keep important workbooks and things we are working on.
Codysmom2106
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I have a 3 ring binder with dividers for my lesson plans, daily reports for grading and every subject broken down individually. The printed worksheets are hole punched in so I can access everything easily. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN