Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is happening this week at your house?

Posted by   + Show Post

?????

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I'm busy this week finalizing the registrations for our co-op which starts next week... I ended up getting 26 kids registered for my robotics class, god help me. The boys are working on their computer code and time4learning. This morning we watched 2 documentaries - 1 on Jamestown and one on the lost colony of Roanoke. We are exploring WHY Trans-Atlantic slavery became such a big part of Early America

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM

We have just completed the first 6 weeks...which is the end of a marking period for us.  We are planning to take a week off and get back to our routine.  We had a field trip planned to pick some strawberries, but the farm was hit by a hail storm last week.  The farm has decided to shut down for the season...we are disappointed. 

We are also having our speed skating team highlighted by a local news station as a sport that "can lead you to the olympics".  We are excited...I have 2 family members that are going to be on the news.  Yay!!!

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:02 PM
He is with his dad today. The rest of the week is all the normal stuff. We are talking about dinosaurs in history. 3 digit add/sub, comp programming, learning about Australia for co-op on Friday and all the normal stuff.
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Our internet has been spotty so we have a repair man coming to fix our equipmentfor it! Reading & Minecraft are on the children agenda & enjoying the unseasonably warm weather!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Me too.

Quoting mem82: I hope it works out for you.

Quoting debramommyof4:

Yes and we have 4 kids.  So it will be 8 kids total ranging in ages from 3 to 11.  Their mom and us both need to have cheaper rent so it will work out.  Plus she needs to get out of her parents house.  She moved in after some bad stuff happened.  So we are looking to get a place together so that they have stability and cheaper rent and we have cheaper rent.  Plus her kids adopted us as their aunt and uncle so we have to look out for them.

Quoting mem82: You are moving in with another family with four kids? Yikes! The noise!

Quoting debramommyof4: Well today I have 8 kids while my friend and husband go house hunting for us to all move in together.

Public school is out so I am keeping all the kids. I have to do school with my 11 year old niece and my kids need to do some work as well so the other 3 will join us with a very light load on what they need extra work on.

Then I will send them out to play while the other 5 finish up.

The rest of the week is fairly slow till we hit co-op. We are making dinosaur puppets for my Magic Tree House class and we are going to play some games and practice reading for my early math and reading class.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:57 PM
This week we are picking out our homeschool classes for next year. My son will be in 7th grade next year. Yikes! He is taking python next year so we need to work on some pre-Alegebra before his class in September. Where did the time go? This Friday we are doing a field trip to a nucleur power plant. My boys are a mix of excited and nervous. At home I am working on getting my house organized. Every Sunday I am tackling a new cupboard.
Jilectan
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Dh has the day off, today, so I'm giving the kids the day off, as well. We'll probably be going to the park later today. I also have to take my 16 year old cat to the vet because he hasn't been eating well the last few days. I suspect a tooth problem, but we'll see what the vet says.

The rest of the week should be pretty normal. School T-Sa, with just math and park day on Wednesday. Park as often as I can get the kids there.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Do you have to pay for the computer programming?

Quoting KickButtMama:

I'm busy this week finalizing the registrations for our co-op which starts next week... I ended up getting 26 kids registered for my robotics class, god help me. The boys are working on their computer code and time4learning. This morning we watched 2 documentaries - 1 on Jamestown and one on the lost colony of Roanoke. We are exploring WHY Trans-Atlantic slavery became such a big part of Early America

ambcortez
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Spring cleaning!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:09 PM

No, we use www.code.org it's free

Quoting mem82:

Do you have to pay for the computer programming?

Quoting KickButtMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)