Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is happening this week at your house?

Posted by   + Show Post

?????

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Replies (21-25):
TidewaterClan
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Off I-75 towards cincinnati. They have a ton of fun train stuff plus a fun house area with a mirror maze, crazy 45' tilted floor etc.

I'm mobile but it's http://www.entertrainmentjunction.com/m/visit

Quoting mem82: Can you tell me where that is?

Quoting TidewaterClan: We're celebrating President's Day with some fun activity sheets then they have the day off.

Tomorrow is a field trip to Entertrainment because it's their homeschool week with cheaper admission (get your tickets online for the discount if you go).

The rest of the week is our usual good stuff but I'm going to spice up LA with some fun activities.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Thanks!

Quoting KickButtMama:

No, we use www.code.org it's free

Quoting mem82:

Do you have to pay for the computer programming?

Quoting KickButtMama:

I'm busy this week finalizing the registrations for our co-op which starts next week... I ended up getting 26 kids registered for my robotics class, god help me. The boys are working on their computer code and time4learning. This morning we watched 2 documentaries - 1 on Jamestown and one on the lost colony of Roanoke. We are exploring WHY Trans-Atlantic slavery became such a big part of Early America

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I get the emails, but I always forget to look at where it's at. Thanks!

Quoting TidewaterClan: Off I-75 towards cincinnati. They have a ton of fun train stuff plus a fun house area with a mirror maze, crazy 45' tilted floor etc.

I'm mobile but it's http://www.entertrainmentjunction.com/m/visit

Quoting mem82: Can you tell me where that is?

Quoting TidewaterClan: We're celebrating President's Day with some fun activity sheets then they have the day off.

Tomorrow is a field trip to Entertrainment because it's their homeschool week with cheaper admission (get your tickets online for the discount if you go).

The rest of the week is our usual good stuff but I'm going to spice up LA with some fun activities.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:14 PM

It's supper fun, and it a great way to reinforce geometry as well, as you start my programming a character to move in certain patterns...making repeated triangles or whatever. My kids have loved Alice and Scratch, this website incorporates both, but gives background instruction in how to use them. It's a bit like  khan academy, with little video blurbs explaining the lesson for the day. 

Quoting mem82:

Thanks!

Quoting KickButtMama:

No, we use www.code.org it's free

Quoting mem82:

Do you have to pay for the computer programming?

Quoting KickButtMama:

I'm busy this week finalizing the registrations for our co-op which starts next week... I ended up getting 26 kids registered for my robotics class, god help me. The boys are working on their computer code and time4learning. This morning we watched 2 documentaries - 1 on Jamestown and one on the lost colony of Roanoke. We are exploring WHY Trans-Atlantic slavery became such a big part of Early America

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Today we did stuff on President's Day. Crafts and reading about the Presidents and then reading Who Was George Washington.

Tomorrow my mom is coming into town so we won't do much schooling tomorrow or the rest of the week. A little here and there and certainly lots of reading but not much math or spelling or science.

Friday we're heading to Disney. I'm running my first half marathon on Sunday !!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN