Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm finally done!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:41 PM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm finally done looking at and aquiring curricula for next year.

Okay maybe I'm not done looking at, but I've settled on what we are going to use and ordered it.

Most everything came from Rainbow Resource, but I did order directly from a few places since it was cheaper with codes and digital downloads.  I even am using some free literature guides.  Over all I saved over $700.  I'm so happy to be done.

by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:43 PM
How exciting! I'm still trying to finalize my decision for writing.
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Writing was hard for me as well, since my daughter hates writing.  I have her do copy work and dictation, but use the computer for everything else.  It's gotten easier since we changed a little, but still haven't found a good program.  We are going to use Jump In this fall and see if that works.  If not I'm going to either try Write Shop or IEW.

Quoting JasonsMom2007: How exciting! I'm still trying to finalize my decision for writing.

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I'm considering iew. I just can't decide what would be best.

Quoting Silverkitty:

Writing was hard for me as well, since my daughter hates writing.  I have her do copy work and dictation, but use the computer for everything else.  It's gotten easier since we changed a little, but still haven't found a good program.  We are going to use Jump In this fall and see if that works.  If not I'm going to either try Write Shop or IEW.

Quoting JasonsMom2007: How exciting! I'm still trying to finalize my decision for writing.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Step away from the computer....and catalogues....and do not ever speak the word curricula until next year.....otherwise you'll NEVER be done....it's too addicting! Lol congrats!

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM

I am still trying to decide on a few different things.  I do have grammar, writing and math picked out, but everything else is up in the air! 

Congrats, but I agree with Shannon, put down the catalogues or you won't stop buying!

oahoah
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Way to go! I'm still thinking about ours :)

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 9:11 AM
yay!!!!
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Me,too! Only for a little while for now. My budget needs some time to recover. I just got two computer science books I ordered. Microworlds Logo and python for kids. Now I just need to decide which one to use. Decisions, Decisions!
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Lol - Yay!
I wonder though, how does one really stop "looking" ?! :)
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate you. Carry on. LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN