Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm finally done looking at and aquiring curricula for next year.

Okay maybe I'm not done looking at, but I've settled on what we are going to use and ordered it.

Most everything came from Rainbow Resource, but I did order directly from a few places since it was cheaper with codes and digital downloads.  I even am using some free literature guides.  Over all I saved over $700.  I'm so happy to be done.

by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Replies (21-24):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:57 AM

This is the first one I've tried. It looks good and *fingers crossed* it works. DD wats to try highschool next year so I'm feeling really pressed. I don't have a lot of time to try different ones :-/

Quoting Silverkitty:

That's one of the reasons I wanted to get it.  I was looking at it last year and went with something else that didn't work.  I'm almost out of writing programs.

Quoting paganbaby:

Good age. Mine is 14 and a little "old" for the program but I wanted to start her off gradually.

Quoting Silverkitty:

She is 12, will be 13 this fall.

Quoting paganbaby:

I just got jump in yesterday. It looks pretty good. How old is your dd?

Quoting Silverkitty:

Writing was hard for me as well, since my daughter hates writing.  I have her do copy work and dictation, but use the computer for everything else.  It's gotten easier since we changed a little, but still haven't found a good program.  We are going to use Jump In this fall and see if that works.  If not I'm going to either try Write Shop or IEW.

Quoting JasonsMom2007: How exciting! I'm still trying to finalize my decision for writing.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

AmyMamie
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I also have all of our curriculum bought & piled in our classroom.  Now I'm drudging through the process of trying to schedule it out.  I don't want to get too detailed (like every week's pages to do) but I want a general breakdown of how much to try to get done each month.  I can't decide if we need to do each subject each day, with short lessons, or larger chunks done one day each week.  :(  I guess flexibility is the key.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Once it all gets here I'm going to have it scheduled so I know about what I want done every week.  The closer it gets to each week I'll actually schedule out the week since I'll know where we are actually at.

We do reading and math daily.  Language arts, science, history, and what ever else we do once a week, but this is for middle school and next year it may change since we will be adding a few more classes.

For my son who will be doing PK and K, we will do little of everything every day.

Quoting AmyMamie:

I also have all of our curriculum bought & piled in our classroom.  Now I'm drudging through the process of trying to schedule it out.  I don't want to get too detailed (like every week's pages to do) but I want a general breakdown of how much to try to get done each month.  I can't decide if we need to do each subject each day, with short lessons, or larger chunks done one day each week.  :(  I guess flexibility is the key.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Is she going to test in to the high school to see where she is at or are they going to place her as a freshman?

My daughter is going to have two years of 8th grade because she isn't ready for high school and she has quite a bit of maturing to do, but my daughter will also be a young 8th grader having just turned 13 the month before we start school.

Quoting paganbaby:

This is the first one I've tried. It looks good and *fingers crossed* it works. DD wats to try highschool next year so I'm feeling really pressed. I don't have a lot of time to try different ones :-/

Quoting Silverkitty:

That's one of the reasons I wanted to get it.  I was looking at it last year and went with something else that didn't work.  I'm almost out of writing programs.

Quoting paganbaby:

Good age. Mine is 14 and a little "old" for the program but I wanted to start her off gradually.

Quoting Silverkitty:

She is 12, will be 13 this fall.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)