Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

YES!!! (and a little religious at the end lol)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:15 PM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this

So My oldest child is 8 1/2 she is currently in public schools. I have been talking about homeschooling since she was starting preschool. Well this year was the straw that broke the camels back! Her teacher is awful (of course she likes her teacher). I get papers back that say A but there are words misspelled (on a spelling test), she brings home mostly D's and F's but has A's and B's on her report cards. No homework but can get homework passes. The school is taking her out of her class for math (that she doesn't need help with) and reading help so she is getting extra help but it is taking away from the other things she is learning (or suppose to be ) in class. The school doesn't care about my concerns and wont change her class either.

I am so happy! I cannot wait to  home school. I also have a 3 1/2 yr old that will be in preschool in the fall that I will home school. 

With the decision to homeschool I wanted to make sure the kids weren't sheltered and had social interaction and I also wanted to make sure I had a support system and network of help and information. In addition to joining groups on here and facebook and googling I looked up local home school co ops. I found one that is run though my church!I contacted them and they explained to me that there is a waiting list. The co op has grown there is 55 families plus 12 on the waiting list. I told him to sign us up anyways :)

Today they called and said.... there is room for us! I am so excited! I have been praying about homeschool and about the co op and just for God's will to be done and to guild us. It is so amazing when your prayers are answered! This is a excellant example for my daughter who the other day was saying that she wished when she spoke to God he could answer her.   : D

I don't have to many people to share my excitement with so I thought I would share it here!

by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:30 PM

That is wonderful! I hope that you find homeschooling to be an amazing journey for you &  your children!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Congrats! I love our co-op, well sometimes the moms get on my nerves by the boys have made long lasting friendships with the kids they met in co-op. So I'm thankful there ;) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)