Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: I got a scholarship to college!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I am soo excited!!!! My husband and I are the youth leaders at our church. Yesterday I went with our pastor and his wife to a youth leader/pastor fellowship, dh is out working. Well they had drawings for things like a deposit for a missions trip, a deposit/fully paid trip to Israel (don't remember which for that one), and two $2000 scholarships to a christian universtiy. I ended up leaving with one of those scholarships!!! I am so physched! They took my info and are supposed to be calling in the next week to discuss details. Oh, and I have the option to do it all online. Now to just settle on what I want to go for.

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
letstalk747
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this

congrats

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Awesome! Congrats!!!

TidewaterClan
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Congratulations!  That's so exciting!  Best wishes, no matter what direction you choose, but the Education sounds like wonderful.

I stay in contact with my old boss, just in case.  I'd never ever want anything to happen to dh, but it would be even more stressful not having a direction to go in.

Jilectan
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so great! Congratulations!

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. Yes, I agree. Dh doesn't like me to think like that but I'm the type to plan for worse case scenarios and that would be the worst one.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Congratulations!  That's so exciting!  Best wishes, no matter what direction you choose, but the Education sounds like wonderful.

I stay in contact with my old boss, just in case.  I'd never ever want anything to happen to dh, but it would be even more stressful not having a direction to go in.

TidewaterClan
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:32 PM
My husband is the same way, but I think it's better to be cautious than unprepared.

Quoting Dawn07: Thanks. Yes, I agree. Dh doesn't like me to think like that but I'm the type to plan for worse case scenarios and that would be the worst one.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!!!

shadowmoon
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

congratulations

http://freedomborders.blogspot.com

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeh. He refuses to discuss a Will or things of that nature. So I told him I would write up a basic one and all he had to do is sign it. He agreed. -_- I have mine all detailed out though lol.

Quoting TidewaterClan: My husband is the same way, but I think it's better to be cautious than unprepared.

Quoting Dawn07: Thanks. Yes, I agree. Dh doesn't like me to think like that but I'm the type to plan for worse case scenarios and that would be the worst one.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

TidewaterClan
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:28 AM
They must be related! I've tried explaining just because we have a will doesn't mean something bad is automatically going to happen.

Quoting Dawn07: Yeh. He refuses to discuss a Will or things of that nature. So I told him I would write up a basic one and all he had to do is sign it. He agreed. -_- I have mine all detailed out though lol.

Quoting TidewaterClan: My husband is the same way, but I think it's better to be cautious than unprepared.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN