Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's on your calendar this week?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:00 AM
  • 12 Replies
I'm trying to find motivation to get going again after my grandfather's death. No more moping around for me.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I don't have a reason for not being on the ball, unless you want to count senioritis.  From 21 years ago.  Apparently it was a really bad case.

Teaching my 5yo to read.  When he's on it, he's good.  When he's goofy, I gotta go.
Latin with my two oldest.
Wrap up our whole Olympics study.
Study Dr. Seuss and talk about creativity vs. reality and how it's ok to blur the lines
Math and such 

SarahNElijah
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I am so sorry about your grandfather. :-(

We have a little bit of a hectic week!

Monday we are studying Mexico in our world studies, poetry, some geometry for math (2nd grade level geometry not HS :b) piano, and a nature walk with art sketching.

Tuesday we are studying the Respiratory system for our human body study, more geometry, cursive and then we are headed to a friend's house to help her get ready for a consignment sale (and let the kids play :)), followed by Jiu Jitsu..

Wednesday we are doing creative writing, more geometry, German, programming, and then are meeting friends in the evening for a Learn to Roller Skate lesson followed by roller skating. :)

Thursday we have a class at the Dallas Museum of Art, then the friends we are going with have a doctor's appointment, so we are going to watch her boys for her, followed by Jiu Jitsu. :)

Friday we are starting into the nervous system/brain, writing, grammar, and our go cart (math) building project.. Then we are going to my mom's for the weekend, where we are going to a mom/son science experiment night at her rec center, and see Peter and the Wolf Sunday..

*phew* I am tired just writing all of that. :-b
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Monday we have a meeting with our teacher. I hope my 7 year olds math u see has come in.

We are doing our volcano experiment to wrap that up.

We are starting our vikings history study. That should be fun.

I think we are going to start studying animal habitats. Starting with ponds.
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 23, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Take in recycling, trip to the library, clean house & enjoy the nice weather days.
TidewaterClan
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I'm so sorry about your Grandpa Mem.  It's hard, and I hope all of the wonderful memories you had together help pull you through.

The USAF Museum is opening the Space Shuttle exhibit on Wednesday.  My dad is going with us.  It'll probably be crowded, but that's the only day he could pencil us into his busy schedule, lol.  If you guys ever want to see it, and would like company (no pressure!), holler at us and we'd love to go with you.  

Nothing too exciting other than that.  We're rolling right along.  :)

collinsmommy0
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Sorry about your grandpa

I have an almost 3 year old. My plan is to do Elmer the elephant this week - we have 2 Elmer books from the library and I cut up materials for an art project. I also have a pretending to have an elephant trunk game to play. And put v stickers on the letter v

Then this weekend DH watched the baby for a bit & he asked to do coloring, counting, play with Legos, and bake cookies. And we did the water table with the baby. So we've done more this weekend than I normally get done in a week, all because DH watched the baby for 30 minutes 3 times!
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I'm busy this week. We start co-op on Tuesday. I'm trying to finish a bead embroidery project, finish-up my latest tatted table cloth, also I'm finishing up some jewelry pieces for a class I'm teaching at co-op - a beaded Kumihimo bracelet and a beaded tubular crochet bracelet. 

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:01 PM

We are going to the Highland Games next weekend so this week we are going to learn about Scottish History and Culture.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:10 PM

((Hugs))

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:11 PM

My dd's jump into reading just came in the mail. I'm really excited about starting her on that. She's not though,lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN