Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's on your calendar this week?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm trying to find motivation to get going again after my grandfather's death. No more moping around for me.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:00 AM
Replies (11-12):
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Sorry about your Grandfather.

I know that alot of our week is going to include cleaning our house..lol.  I have been going through curriculum and it is all in our entrway floor..lol.  I have just been so busy the last 2 weeks that we have really neglected our house.  So next week each of us is going to pick an area of the house to clean each day.  My daughter is too young to have her own area, so she will help us and she will dust and do other small things to help out.

We also have a good bit of schoolwork to catch up on.  So for the first 2 hours each day they will be doing schoolwork, then they will help clean.  I am working tonight, so I am going to try to sleep at least 3 hours in the morning.  We will see how that goes..lol.

Oh yeah, I have to work Tuesday from 7 a.m. -3 p.m.  Then Wed is church, and Thursday & Friday is youth revival at our church.  Youth revival actually is Saturday as well, but my husband and I will not be able to go since I have to work Saturday night (I will sleep some Saturday).

So, we have a fairly busy week.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Sorry about your Grandpa!

Today we're supposed to have girl scouts, BUT Jamie has 2 mandatory 4H meetings she has to be to at the same time (thankfully same place, but 2 different rooms...still trying to figure this out...). Those are at 6 tonight, but I have to stop by the girl scout troop leader's house to pick up cookie orders, and give her the cookie money, and I have no clue where I'm going!!
Tomorrow, I'm taking the neighbor to put her cat down.
Wednesday, we have to take hubby somewhere for a breathing test, which will probably result in the rest of the week hanging out at the VA... 
Friday is co-op
I know we have something going on this weekend, but I can't for the life of me remember what and when it is :/ 

School wise in all this chaos:
Today, we're finishing up things from last week, and dipping into today's scheduled stuffs
For the week for Jamie
Science: all about landforms and landscapes, with about 4 different mini labs to go with
History: I want to say we're moving into the slave trade, but I'm not 100% positive, and a book report
Math: Finishing up 4 digits divide 1 digit, then introduce 4 digits divide by 2 digits
Reading; all I know is we're starting a new story... not sure what yet lol
Writing: Personal Narratives - brainstorming & rough draft
Spelling: words with EIGH and number words
For Riley:
Math: flash cards & a number +8
Spelling: compound words
Reading: reviewing previous sight words, and reading "old" stories from his reading book

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)