Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

All about reading

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:27 PM
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone here use it?

We just ordered it  and I just got it in the mail. I'm looking through it and I like the way it looks and I know my son will enjoy it. I am quite curious though if you used it, how often did you teach it? Did i you do one lesson a day? Did you do it daily or just a few times a week?  I got level 2 and it has 51 lessons. . .I'm thinking doing one lesson a day we'd fly through it. . .and end up having to order level 3 mid year (much to my DH's delight I'm sure lol)

Just curious how y'all who used it scheduled it.

"You start to look like what you believe" -Switchfoot

by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:45 PM

bumping. :) 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I am using level 1 with my 4 yr old right now. We do a little every day. For instance looked like this for Lesson 26, FF, LL, and SS (which we went over these in spelling):
Monday: we review the cards in our review section. then we'll start with the first section of "New teaching" so blend sounds with letter tiles
Tuesday:  We'll do the 2 activities that go with the lesson
Wednesday: We'll practice reading the words for the lesson and any rule breakers
Thursday & Friday" We'll go over Fluency
With my little guy, he HATES the fluency pages, so even if he isn't "fluent" but isn't stumbling too badly, we continue anyway
Everyday: We read one of the stories he can already read from the first book so he  works on fluency that way

On days where it is just the stories, we practice the review cards, and then Monday and Tuesday we read one story and Wednesday and Thursday we read the second story (if there is a second one, otherwise we just keep reading that one story for the whole week) and Friday we play one of the older lessons activities or work on a prior lessons fluency page.

There have been a few times we've done the same lesson for 2 weeks in a row if need be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN