Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Oklahoma rules

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:38 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have looked through the OK guidelines and I can't find an answer.  My friend used to live in OK and her kids were in PS then she pulled them out and moved to another state where they were enrolled in PS there.  She moved back to OK and wants to homeschool.  Does she have to notify anyone?   I dont think she does and that is what I told her but I thought I'd ask here in case someone has actual experience with something like this.

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Homeschooling in OK is not only "allowed", its protected under the state constitution. As far as I know, you are only required to send a letter of intent once, then that's it. It is the easiest state to homeschool in.
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM

I would think No she dose not need to informthe school of her intention to homeschool because they have not been attending school in that state!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM
I've read through the statutes and have not found any references to "intent" or "inform" anyone. Be that locally or district wide.
romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:59 PM

If She Contacts the Oklahoma Home School Association, they will advise her...that way she can be sure. They also have a link to help her  step by step. , and a legal link. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN