Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are you working on now?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Are you and your child working on any special projects right now?

We have been studying geography, and our next "stop" is Brazil.  The kids are pretty excited because my husband is from there. 

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:35 PM

We haven't really been doing anything fun lately. I blame winter! We are just doing our basics... math, reading, handwriting, etc. My oldest is doing her 2nd Minecraft Homeschool class (Creative Writing/Master Chef) and loving that. 

I should think of some fun projects we can do.

4wildbeasts
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:02 PM
We just finished studying ancient Egypt and started studying China. In about a month, when the weather gets nicer, we will take a trip to the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of Asian Art.
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:09 PM

We are reading the book Don't Know Much About American History & I am sure this will prompt all kinds of things for them to make & do that pertains to it. My younger 2 got a lot of clay & all the tools & books to make miniatures from a friend & have been making all kinds of things! We are also planing out our family vacation for in April!

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Your Minecraft homeschool class comment sent me on a Google search. That looks like something my son would love! I'm going to look into signing him up. :)

Quoting hipmomto3:

We haven't really been doing anything fun lately. I blame winter! We are just doing our basics... math, reading, handwriting, etc. My oldest is doing her 2nd Minecraft Homeschool class (Creative Writing/Master Chef) and loving that. 

I should think of some fun projects we can do.

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:20 PM

This week we have been doing Scottish history and culture with some Celtic studies thrown in.  We are going to the Highland Games this weekend.  He has made his own Family Crest and designed his own Kilt as well.  It has been a great week.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Lots of stuff. We are halfway through our creative math class. we are building a rocket for our physics study. It is just a model after we did some reading about Robert Goddard. We are also building a bridge for our architecture study. I am wanting to finsish my 9 by 6 foot map of the united states. It is getting close. Once we are done we can start labeling it. My youngest is starting an amphibian class next week at a campground and is very excited. We are thinking about doing Tesla for our magic and superstitutions in a couple of weeks. Apparently his inventions were so amazing that the media accused him of magic. I was thinking of making a science and magic connection.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)