Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Help! Storage solutions? (PIOG)

Posted by   + Show Post

Help! I need very budget friendly homeschool storage ideas! I need alternatives to old bookshelves and large totes. They just aren't working for us. I desperately need storage for all school books, work books, papers, art supplies, music supplies, and school supplies. We do not have an actual school room and use our dining room to 'do school'. Our storage is currently in our living room- which would be fine as long as it was functional. All ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Valentines tickers
Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

I am a conservative Christian homeschooling mama of 3 who believes strongly in traditional families and traditional roles. 

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Replies (11-17):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

As far as books we have two books shelves for books we are currently using. The rest we are putting in banker boxes that are labeled. we use have clean containers that have seperated items like paper and markers. We are working on a homeschool shed so I have a place to put things I am not using.
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Here is some solutions for workbooks, lapbooks, and things my kids are working on. My kids share one row for personal use and the other two are for school. I have the pockets seperated by subject. It saves a ton of time. When I am looking for their journals I know exactly where to go.
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Here is a solution for all the little things. When I have class I can take them out and take them to our co-op. It saves a lot of time searching and collecting. It is very space saving.
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Thank you!

Quoting MamaDearie:

Wow! That is so nice! 

Quoting usmom3:

We remodeled our dinning room into an office with cabinets & shelves as well as a bookcase door! It has helped a lot but I like you am needing more storage because as my children grow so do their interest!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM
I've used filing cabinets. The tall ones and the short ones. They are great for storage and for magnetic pictures, flash cards, projects. You can spray paint them and let the kids design their own look for them.

Quoting MamaDearie:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. We have been using some Rubbermaid-type totes along with an old bookshelf- and it is really just not cutting it. We have so many books and so much 'stuff'- all of which is totally useful and needs to be accessed on a regular basis. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Nice job!

Quoting usmom3:

We remodeled our dinning room into an office with cabinets & shelves as well as a bookcase door! It has helped a lot but I like you am needing more storage because as my children grow so do their interest!

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:51 PM
[quote name="kirbymom" id="0"] Nice job!

Thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)