Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's March! What's going on this month?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM
  • 12 Replies

???

by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmyMamie
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

WELLLL... March is starting off like a lion, that's for sure.  We're snowed in at home (Again!) and our forecast gives us no let-up from the storms, so our plans will be simple for this month:  Keep plugging away at schoolwork, &  get next year's scheduling hammered out.  We'll start our new school year in May, with shorter days, & go year-round.  So I'm feeling a little sense of accomplishment, having half of it down on paper already. :)  Now if we could just dig our way out of this snow...

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this
We are moving into our brand new 5 bedroom house with 8 kids and 3 adults! Yay!

On the school front we are studying vikings and habits.
redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
We are all sick bere. I am getting over bronchitis and the kids have colds. As soon as everyone feels better we will get back to school work.
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We're finishing out our school year, so my 5th grader is doing testing at the end of the month.  Until then, math, Story of the World, Dandelion Fire, gardening, religious emblems for scouts, a little Dr. Seuss tribute, Ides of March/calendars, Pinewood Derby, possibly some sleep.  :)

Oh, and my husband is going part time at his current company so that he can open his own business, with the goal that he is finished with his current company completely by June.  :)

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
We're taking our spring break at the end of the month. It's a week earlier than almost every other school in the tri-state area so the museums & zoo should be less crowded.

We've got some park district events & another museum learning trip too. Other than that we'll be going over money in 3rd grade math so everyone is excited about the "store" we'll make here at home. :)
kmath
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:28 PM

We are going to start on 3rd grade LA.  We have a couple of field trips planned.  Other than that we are just plugging along with everything.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:25 AM
We took a few weeks off so back to it! I need to pull some St Patrick's day stuff together!
Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 4:54 PM
DH gets to go days for a couple months! Yay! I hate having him on swing, we just can't settle in to a solid routine. Now to get dd over this stomach bug so we can get the house cleaned and organized before the switch next week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM
I'm sooo tired of snow! LOL I don't usually mind it but this year has been tough.

Quoting AmyMamie:

WELLLL... March is starting off like a lion, that's for sure.  We're snowed in at home (Again!) and our forecast gives us no let-up from the storms, so our plans will be simple for this month:  Keep plugging away at schoolwork, &  get next year's scheduling hammered out.  We'll start our new school year in May, with shorter days, & go year-round.  So I'm feeling a little sense of accomplishment, having half of it down on paper already. :)  Now if we could just dig our way out of this snow...

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:07 AM

My 6 yo turns 7 on St. Patty's day!  He's starting subtraction.  We are finally working on books he can read himself (Danny and the Dinosaur and Sammy and the Seal and a Frog and Toad book).  We are working on the rule: when 2 vowels go walking, the first one does the talking.  (We FINALLY finished meanie e!)

My 9yo is reading the 10th Series of Unfortunate Events (fun) and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (with guide).  He's working on multi-digit multiplication and rounding.

Together we are mapping the "Dark Continent" and finishing the war of the Roses so we can begin Africa in the Middle Ages.  Science we are covering forces: friction, gravity, rolling friction, etc.  Art is creating mammals, birds, reptiles, and insects and their scientific classifications.  Music we are moving into folk music (and blue grass).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)