Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling Books

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:27 AM
  • 16 Replies

Does anyone happen to have any books they can give away to help us out? We have no income right now and I don't know how long it will take to get one..  We need books for 9th, 6/7th grade.

Thank you in advanced

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:27 AM

I may have some stuff.  I was going to give them away anyway.  I am at work right now and I have to work tomorrow night as well, but I will try to look sometime Monday (but it may be Tuesday). 

I know have Abeka Geography student book and teacher's edition.  I have 10th grade language arts as well, and maybe you could use that as 9th grade.  It includes student workbook, teacher's edition, test/quiz key, student spelling workbook, teacher's edition, and test/quiz key.  There is some writing it in (probably under 15 pages) and it is an older edition, but you are welcome to it.

I also have some life pac history workbooks.  Neither is a complete set, but you could use them and maybe add reports or something to make a full curriculum if needed. 

I also have a book about the constitution if you are interested in that.   You would also have to make up your own tests for it, but it could easily be used for 6th/7th grade or high school.  It is also easy to leave out what you don't want to use or to add things to it.

I will look and see if I have anything else as soon as I can.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:35 AM
I can send you some books. Let me know what areas or interests you have. PM me.
kmath
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Check out Book Samaritan as well.  They will send you books for free.  You can request certain things, but it just depends on what they have available. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Try your local library or homeschool groups in the area.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I was going to suggest this.  I hear they are really good with trying to get what is requested to the families.

Quoting kmath:

Check out Book Samaritan as well.  They will send you books for free.  You can request certain things, but it just depends on what they have available. 

stepanieof4
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Thank you I would love them.  Just let me know If you can find them.

Quoting starbeck96:

I may have some stuff.  I was going to give them away anyway.  I am at work right now and I have to work tomorrow night as well, but I will try to look sometime Monday (but it may be Tuesday). 

I know have Abeka Geography student book and teacher's edition.  I have 10th grade language arts as well, and maybe you could use that as 9th grade.  It includes student workbook, teacher's edition, test/quiz key, student spelling workbook, teacher's edition, and test/quiz key.  There is some writing it in (probably under 15 pages) and it is an older edition, but you are welcome to it.

I also have some life pac history workbooks.  Neither is a complete set, but you could use them and maybe add reports or something to make a full curriculum if needed. 

I also have a book about the constitution if you are interested in that.   You would also have to make up your own tests for it, but it could easily be used for 6th/7th grade or high school.  It is also easy to leave out what you don't want to use or to add things to it.

I will look and see if I have anything else as soon as I can.

stepanieof4
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I will send you a message. 

Quoting jen2150: I can send you some books. Let me know what areas or interests you have. PM me.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Good luck! How long have you been homeschooling?
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I would look on the internet for free material you can print out or just use on the computer & use the library for as much as you can!

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM

sorry only have grade 3/4 space books that I decided to photocopy instead of making him use the book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)