Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Does anyone happen to have any books they can give away to help us out? We have no income right now and I don't know how long it will take to get one..  We need books for 9th, 6/7th grade.

Thank you in advanced

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Replies (11-16):
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Quoting stepanieof4:

Thank you I would love them.  Just let me know If you can find them.

Quoting starbeck96:

I may have some stuff.  I was going to give them away anyway.  I am at work right now and I have to work tomorrow night as well, but I will try to look sometime Monday (but it may be Tuesday). 

I know have Abeka Geography student book and teacher's edition.  I have 10th grade language arts as well, and maybe you could use that as 9th grade.  It includes student workbook, teacher's edition, test/quiz key, student spelling workbook, teacher's edition, and test/quiz key.  There is some writing it in (probably under 15 pages) and it is an older edition, but you are welcome to it.

I also have some life pac history workbooks.  Neither is a complete set, but you could use them and maybe add reports or something to make a full curriculum if needed. 

I also have a book about the constitution if you are interested in that.   You would also have to make up your own tests for it, but it could easily be used for 6th/7th grade or high school.  It is also easy to leave out what you don't want to use or to add things to it.

I will look and see if I have anything else as soon as I can.

I will look tomorrow.  All my books that I am getting rid of are boxed up in my living room so it is just a matter of looking through the boxes.

stepanieof4
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM

12 years

Quoting mem82: Good luck! How long have you been homeschooling?

stepanieof4
by Member on May. 21, 2014 at 1:20 AM

did you happen to find any books?

Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting stepanieof4:

Thank you I would love them.  Just let me know If you can find them.

Quoting starbeck96:

I may have some stuff.  I was going to give them away anyway.  I am at work right now and I have to work tomorrow night as well, but I will try to look sometime Monday (but it may be Tuesday). 

I know have Abeka Geography student book and teacher's edition.  I have 10th grade language arts as well, and maybe you could use that as 9th grade.  It includes student workbook, teacher's edition, test/quiz key, student spelling workbook, teacher's edition, and test/quiz key.  There is some writing it in (probably under 15 pages) and it is an older edition, but you are welcome to it.

I also have some life pac history workbooks.  Neither is a complete set, but you could use them and maybe add reports or something to make a full curriculum if needed. 

I also have a book about the constitution if you are interested in that.   You would also have to make up your own tests for it, but it could easily be used for 6th/7th grade or high school.  It is also easy to leave out what you don't want to use or to add things to it.

I will look and see if I have anything else as soon as I can.

I will look tomorrow.  All my books that I am getting rid of are boxed up in my living room so it is just a matter of looking through the boxes.

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2014 at 4:06 PM

I am so sorry.  I completely forgot!  I wish you would have said something sooner..

I can send you what I have, but is there any way that you can at least pay shipping?  There are a good many books, and I just don't have the extra money right now to pay for shipping.

stepanieof4
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM

what grades and subjects are they, and can you find out how much it will be.

Quoting starbeck96:

I am so sorry.  I completely forgot!  I wish you would have said something sooner..

I can send you what I have, but is there any way that you can at least pay shipping?  There are a good many books, and I just don't have the extra money right now to pay for shipping.

stepanieof4
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM

HI, if you still have the books, and can see how much the shipping is I might be able to get some of them

Quoting stepanieof4:

what grades and subjects are they, and can you find out how much it will be.

Quoting starbeck96:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN