Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

From which month to which month does your school year run?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
We start in July with a light schedule and run until mid May. We usually have a large break during Christmas.
How about you?
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovepotato
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Officially, I'm doing September 1 through August 31. We'll probably do school full force til mid June, then just one page of math and English, and natural science (going to parks and rivers and learning about wildlife). We'll start again full force on September 2, the day after Labor Day.

RADmomma
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
We do school year round. We have a few tes a year where we take it easy & just do fun learning.., but there's so many opportunities in the warm months that we cannot pass up!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Yes, we also spend most of the summer doing a lot of unofficial learning.

Quoting lovepotato:

Officially, I'm doing September 1 through August 31. We'll probably do school full force til mid June, then just one page of math and English, and natural science (going to parks and rivers and learning about wildlife). We'll start again full force on September 2, the day after Labor Day.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I know what you mean! I really think my kids do most of their history and science in the summer unofficially. LOL During the school year, I just try to brush up on the official stuff.

Quoting RADmomma: We do school year round. We have a few tes a year where we take it easy & just do fun learning.., but there's so many opportunities in the warm months that we cannot pass up!

RADmomma
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM
We are surrounded with awesome outdoor learning here!! It's really cool!! We stay local during the week but when hubs is home on the weekends we will head to Boston or something.

Quoting mem82:

I know what you mean! I really think my kids do most of their history and science in the summer unofficially. LOL During the school year, I just try to brush up on the official stuff.

Quoting RADmomma: We do school year round. We have a few tes a year where we take it easy & just do fun learning.., but there's so many opportunities in the warm months that we cannot pass up!

JadeTigr7
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:40 AM

We don't have any real set times.  This school year we started last November.  We'll probably start this school year in October.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I've always wanted to tour Boston!

Ohio has a very rich Native American history along with  a strong aviation history, too, so we do have lots of great outdoor typle things to see. 

Quoting RADmomma: We are surrounded with awesome outdoor learning here!! It's really cool!! We stay local during the week but when hubs is home on the weekends we will head to Boston or something.
Quoting mem82:

RADmomma
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:54 AM
We live just about on Cape Cod so we are very lucky to be surrounded with fun!!

Quoting mem82:

I've always wanted to tour Boston!

Ohio has a very rich Native American history along with  a strong aviation history, too, so we do have lots of great outdoor typle things to see. 

Quoting RADmomma: We are surrounded with awesome outdoor learning here!! It's really cool!! We stay local during the week but when hubs is home on the weekends we will head to Boston or something.

Quoting mem82:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

We start in July, but we run all year round.  I'll have our 180 days on Good Friday (April 18th).  Then we drop to a 3 day schedule.  We go hiking on Wednesdays and visit grandma all day long on Fridays.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a nice schedule!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

We start in July, but we run all year round.  I'll have our 180 days on Good Friday (April 18th).  Then we drop to a 3 day schedule.  We go hiking on Wednesdays and visit grandma all day long on Fridays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)