Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

From which month to which month does your school year run?

Posted by   + Show Post
We start in July with a light schedule and run until mid May. We usually have a large break during Christmas.
How about you?
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:43 PM
2 moms liked this
We school year round. We do take little breaks when needed and we will be doing 3 days during the summer, so we can enjoy field trips family vacations and trips to the beach.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:47 PM
August to June and normally with breaks for sickness and 2 days for Christmas and Thanksgiving each.
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Quoting paganbaby:

I'm not really sure. I plan on doing school year round, but probably something light through the summer months.

This is what I would like to get to.....but this year got screwy because of the baby!  LOL  We will finish someday (hopefully before the next year begins but even if we do, I don't think that I will let them sit idle.)

kmath
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM

This year we are doing August through May or June.  We might go year round next year.

Jilectan
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:55 AM

I recently switched from using the public school calendar to a year round one. I guess we'll be going from August to July, because that's what the calendar I'm using shows. That'll just be for record keeping, though. We're moving to Texas at the end of the month and from what I've heard I don't have to report anything there.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

The plan is first week in Sept through last week in May...but some math and science fun as well as reading over the summer.  It just won't be as formal.  But I can't imagine them just having complete free time for 3 months!

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:27 AM
sept to aug we will do year round
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Quoting jwhit8791:

Quoting paganbaby:

I'm not really sure. I plan on doing school year round, but probably something light through the summer months.

This is what I would like to get to.....but this year got screwy because of the baby!  LOL  We will finish someday (hopefully before the next year begins but even if we do, I don't think that I will let them sit idle.)

Yep. Babies will do that to ya,lol. I knwo what you mean. I just don't like the idea of them dooing nothing for a couple solid months. My kids tend to get cranky (even the 14yo) if we don't have some consistant structure.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for posting this Mem.  Its given me some great ideas.

This year we started at the end of August and plan to wrap up right before Labor Day.  We followed the ps schedule since older dd started there.  I talked to my girls yesterday, and we think it would be fun to take off June, then do a 3 week on, 1 week off, schedule.  I just have to map it out, and see if we can make that work if we just do half days in July so we can enjoy the pool and Kings Island. :)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:00 PM
We start in September and go until June. But we don't take a lot of holidays either, so we do double the work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN