Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Writing in workbooks?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:14 PM
  • 17 Replies
For those that use a workbook based curriculum, do your kiddos just write in them or do you have them write answers elsewhere? (notebook, make copies out of the book etc)

I'm in a dilemma with myself (LOL) I have 2 kids under my oldest dd and thought about either making copies everyday or having her write answers in a notebook so I can keep the workbooks and pass them down to the other kiddos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I have my kids use the workbooks as they are intended to be used. Making copies of each page would cost me so much more in ink than just buying a 2nd workbook, usually.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:11 PM

It would depend how much another wookbook would cost.  Since my two are really far apart in age I don't have to worry about this.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I would think that copying the books would cost more in ink & paper then just buying a new book!

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I've found coping costs as much or more too, unless you have access to a high speed copier for free!

I'm about to buy the next couple of books thru MathUSee and was thinking of having my older son do his work on paper (he's neat and a good direction-follower anyway!) and then I'd still have the blank workbook for younger ds. 

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:07 PM
We use transparency paper and dry erase markers. We clip the transparency paper over their workbook page and have them go at it. I know it's saved me tons of money.
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:47 PM
I learned the hard(expensive) way. It cost me more to print copies than it would have to just buy another book.
kmath
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:21 PM

I only have one kid so he writes in them.  We do have a couple that I make copies out of and he writes on the copies.  Those are the ones we only use a few pages out of and I want to give them away when we are done.

Jlee4249
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Just use a clear page/sheet protector.  Cut down a side, instead of the open top and slip it over the page(s) she's working on.  Using a dry-erase marker, it's easy to wipe off afterwards and you save print ink and printing paper.

RheaF
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:14 AM
We just use the workbooks. It doesn't save any money making copies, and it can be a pain trying to copy some into a notebook.
Jilectan
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 5:49 AM

I have some Kumon workbooks for my older dd that she loves to do. This is the third one I've bought for her, so I'm a little tired of getting them. I disassembled the book and stuck the pages in page protectors and am having her use dry erase markers on them. Then I stick them in a three ring binder. It's been working so far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)