Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
For those that use a workbook based curriculum, do your kiddos just write in them or do you have them write answers elsewhere? (notebook, make copies out of the book etc)

I'm in a dilemma with myself (LOL) I have 2 kids under my oldest dd and thought about either making copies everyday or having her write answers in a notebook so I can keep the workbooks and pass them down to the other kiddos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Replies (11-17):
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:28 AM
I copy i save her work in a binder i also wanted to be able to redo pages with her if needed
coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

We actually talked about this when our new year started. LOL

My SO and I decided that it would be much less expensive to replace workbooks then it would be to copy and print from them every day.  I know that replacing ours can cost anywhere from 11-16 depending on the workbook.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Thanks ladies!! I think we will just write in them. we use singapore so they're only $11.80/each lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Either write.in, or the sheet protector/dry erase method. However, so.e leftys.have issues with dry erase.wiping away as their hand goes over it.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:25 PM
I just use the workbooks. I could be more frugal, but we get more accomplished if they just have the convenience of the workbook rather than having to rewrite it in another book or my trying to copy it.

However, it can save you a lot. If I passed it down to all four kids then I pay a quarter of the costs and there is a much better resale value in the end.

I should...
Beniegenie
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 1:35 AM
I have 3 kids all 2yrs apart. My oldest started HS last year for kindergarten, so I just make copies. So far it's cost me mealy the same price as buying new work books. I had to do it at the store since we didn't have our printer set up for a year. But either way I'll save because I have 2 younger ones that will use these. Now that my printer is up it will save me tons of money because it's a really good laser printer and cheap to use. I purchased it in 2008 for a business we used to have. I've have made hundreds of prints and haven't once had to replace ink in it. Paper can be cheap if you get it in bulk. It's a high end printer but like I said it was purchased for a business, so it's not like I paid $500 for making school copies. Then it wouldn't be worth it unless we knew for sure it would get them all the way through high school. Cheap printers/copiers are a waste. I stayed with friends in CA for a few months and purchased an ink cartridge for her printer so I could copy and print school work while we were there and had to replace the cartridge after making only about 100 pages. It cost $40 a cartridge!!! Her copier cost her $80. I prefer paying money for a good printer that doesn't need cartridges replaced every 2 weeks.
bether89
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Ds1 writes in his workbooks.  We plan to buy new workbooks for Ds2. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)