Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hey guys.  This is kind of off subject but I have been MIA for the past several months.  I may have popped in once or twice.  I have been busy with a new "lifestyle". Started eating healthy and exercising. Feel better than I have in years!!   On top of that we had our 34th and 35th grandbabies born last week!  :-)    When I first began this journey I weighed 182 (had been there for a few years) and I now weigh 125.  Just wanted to share :-)

And our two new granddaughters. First is Tylar born 2/24 and Alayah born 3/1

I am a stay at home,  home educating, non-vaxingmother to many children :)  And a very happy wife to a wonderful man!!!

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Replies (11-19):
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Thanks guys.  First my DH bought me a treadmill which I work out on 5-6 days a week for 35-40 minutes a day. Then I just began to eat carefully.  Very low carbs. And I LOVE carb foods. LOL   But eating very low carb foods is much easier than starving as I can eat pretty well all I want.  I eat lots of chicken , free range beef, spinach, green beans (frozen or fresh taste so much better), cabbage, carrots, ect..  I eat just a bit of potatoes occasionally as well as bread or any other higher carb foods.  The main thing is that I was having so much joint pain. I couldn't hardly walk up my front steps and I couldn't even tie an apron behind me. It hurt so much. So needless to say I had to start out slow. I also take good supplements for joints.  I can now run on my treadmill with no knee pain and all the pain in my shoulders and elbows is gone also :-)   I was afraid I would be stuck with that pain for the rest of my life. 

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

That is all awesome!  35 grandbabies?!  I thought my grandmother had a lot, there are 22 of us and I think we are up to 10 great grandbabies.

I have a bit before great grandbabies start coming. The oldest grandchild is 14.  If he is like his Mimi I could be a GREAT grandmother when I am 55 !!!   My mother wasn't even a grandmother until she was 50! LOL

I am a stay at home,  home educating, non-vaxingmother to many children :)  And a very happy wife to a wonderful man!!!

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Quoting bren_darlene:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

That is all awesome!  35 grandbabies?!  I thought my grandmother had a lot, there are 22 of us and I think we are up to 10 great grandbabies.

I have a bit before great grandbabies start coming. The oldest grandchild is 14.  If he is like his Mimi I could be a GREAT grandmother when I am 55 !!!   My mother wasn't even a grandmother until she was 50! LOL

Wow, a great grandmother at 55!  It's funny how differrent the generations can be!  My mom became a grandmother at 38!  (She was 19 when I was born, and I was 19 when my DS was born).  So I suppose she could be a great grandmother at 57ish...but I want my kids to wait until they are much older than 19! 

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I had my first the same month I turned 18 and he was 19 when he had his first.  I see benefits of both having them young and waiting.  Me,  I could never ever imagine not having my babies.  I already had given birth 6 times by the time I was 27 and I wouldn't change a thing :-) 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting bren_darlene:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Wow, a great grandmother at 55!  It's funny how differrent the generations can be!  My mom became a grandmother at 38!  (She was 19 when I was born, and I was 19 when my DS was born).  So I suppose she could be a great grandmother at 57ish...but I want my kids to wait until they are much older than 19! 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww, the babies are adorable! Congrats on the healthier lifestyle

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I think if things had gone differently in my life, or if I had had a little more help, if the economy had been a bit better...I would have loved having kids young.  I think also if I didn't have my mom pushing me so much to "need a career" I would have enjoyed mommyhood a lot more...but instead I had a baby, got divorced, started dating (my now DH...who has a DD 11 mos younger than my DS) then I was raising two babies, working ft and going to school ft to get that darn career.

Now I have almost 6 figures worth of student loan debt and the job I have only requires half the degree I have.  I am still working to pay off the debt and will never own a house because of it and the economy. 

So I don't want my kids to have to go through what we've been going through.  BUT if they want kids early and are happy with their SO and don't have a huge amount of debt, then I would be happy for them.  I just want things to be easier for them than it has been for us.  And I will help them as much as I can.

I guess because it hasn't been easy for us, I would like our kids to wait a bit...but I should remember that times will change and we are different parents than our parents are, and our kids could be very happy, young parents.  (Not to say I am not happy...it's hard to put it all into words...I am pretty happy overall, I wouldn't change having kids because then my kids wouldn't be my kids-they would be different people completely.  Everything I have been through has made me a better person and I am a pretty great mom.  I just don't want things to be hard for my kids).

Quoting bren_darlene:

I had my first the same month I turned 18 and he was 19 when he had his first.  I see benefits of both having them young and waiting.  Me,  I could never ever imagine not having my babies.  I already had given birth 6 times by the time I was 27 and I wouldn't change a thing :-) 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting bren_darlene:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I also have to say that I have a little bitterness because I don't want to be done having babies.  I have been wanting to get pregnant for a long time.  It is killing me that I don't get to.  And it's because of the financial situation...we live with my MIL because of that, and when we moved in part of it was 'no babies' (we had two preschool aged kids at the time).  I am having a hard time with it because now the kids are 10 and 11 and I want more.

So if my kids need to live with us as adults, I can guarantee I will be staying out of their married baby making business.

Quoting bren_darlene:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting bren_darlene:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. I sure hope and pray things get better soon!!

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I also have to say that I have a little bitterness because I don't want to be done having babies.  I have been wanting to get pregnant for a long time.  It is killing me that I don't get to.  And it's because of the financial situation...we live with my MIL because of that, and when we moved in part of it was 'no babies' (we had two preschool aged kids at the time).  I am having a hard time with it because now the kids are 10 and 11 and I want more.

So if my kids need to live with us as adults, I can guarantee I will be staying out of their married baby making business.

Quoting bren_darlene:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting bren_darlene:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Thank you, I didn't mean for that to come out like I was bitter towards other people.  It's something I am working on, I pray for help with how I feel about it.  I know the bad feelings are helping anything!

Quoting bren_darlene:

I'm sorry to hear that. I sure hope and pray things get better soon!!

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting bren_darlene:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting bren_darlene:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)