Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Underground History of American Education

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:29 AM
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone read it? Any thoughts?

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Having had experience in home education, and in public schools, I have witnessed much of what Mr. Gatto says to be true.  The following site contains reviews and ratings on his book:  Good Reads. com

Karmea
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Thanks, I'll check that out. I'm only about 70 pages into the book but I can't put it down. I was hoping to find some moms here who wanted to discuss it because I'm so fired up about everything I've read so far that I can't keep quiet about it! I want to carry around a copy for anyone who ever quetions our decision to home school.

Really, if you're reading this post and care about your children's education, you've got to check this book out. I know I sound like a commercial, but I promise I'm not! Do a little g00gling and you can probably find a pdf online to download for free.

Quoting romacox:

Having had experience in home education, and in public schools, I have witnessed much of what Mr. Gatto says to be true.  The following site contains reviews and ratings on his book:  Good Reads. com

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

You can read it for free HERE 

I read it a few years back, I suggest to everyone that defends the public school to read it!Sadly most don't because they are so indoctrinated to love the system!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)