Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Last week I almost gave up homeschooling

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I was putting up my map and I couldn't figure it out. I mean if I can't put up a map of the US how can I possibly teach my kids anything. Well it turns out my state I had in my hand would not fit anywhere and then it hit me. I accidently cut out two copies. My state was already where it was supposed to be. It took me 3 long hours to put the map together. I had to take it down multiple times. First, Florida was to far over so Maine didn't make it on the wall then I had a hard time getting angle just right so all the states would fit together. As you can see thee was a huge earthquake between two states. I had to redo the entire east coast to fix the huge crack. I also found out I am missing 5 states so the fun continues. I am so happy I finally got it up on my wall though. I think I will keep it up for a very long time. I have feeling labeling it is going to take a very long time.

I just wanted to share. Have you ever had a project take a lot longer than you thought it would? Do you have any favorites that stick out? I love seeing what others come up with. I have seen so many great project ideas.
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Just about every project I have takes longer than I intended...lol.. 

Congrats on pushing through the frustrations! The end result is pretty awesome!

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 6:48 PM

I think it's awesome too and yes, I think most if not all, of us have been there.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:54 PM

That's amazing!

jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:16 PM
thanks everyone
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome! Hell, I wouldn't even attempt that knowing how irritated I would be!! LOL

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM

That is really neat.....looks like you are missing the upper peninsula of Michigan.

Glad you are enjoying your project.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I just finished oregon and missing 4 other states that I know I did. Still deciding about how much I am doing on MI. The templates was only a $5 download but it is turning into a very time consuming project. I know it will look really neat before I am done. I am also learning a ton of geography. One of the things I enjoy about homeschooling is having time to spend on long projects.

Quoting coala:

That is really neat.....looks like you are missing the upper peninsula of Michigan.

Glad you are enjoying your project.

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:43 PM

We had a 4  hour long project that we did today for time management.  It took mom and dad nearly 2 hours to prep for it and then 2 hours doing the project with them.  I hope they understand the idea of time more now that it was visual.  We got nothing else accomplished today except to play.

crystalclear12
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:17 AM

Wow awesome job! I have done a project with the human body doing individual organs. Also took on teaching a dissecting class for 33 kids for my homeschool group. Now that was a handful! 

Awesome work don't give up!!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow!
You are doing a great job! Don't give up!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN