Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you guys going to take a Spring Break?  We are the last week of this month.  We'll do some zoo and museum trips, but I'm also going to let the girls zone out on the xbox and be slugs.  It will be nice to take a break then start again fresh.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Great idea!  There's a ton of cool stuff going on around here.  We may do some field trips on our "on" weeks.

Quoting usmom3:

We will take advantage of all the spring break activity's that will be going on around town!

JadeTigr7
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't do a summer break really.  We usually take off an entire week during one of the birthday weeks, and then we take time off when my husband has time off since he works so often. :)

Quoting TidewaterClan:

That sounds like good timing.  Do you guys take a shorter summer break/go year round?  We're going to take most of June off, then start a year round (with breaks!) schedule for next year.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

We're taking these two weeks off here at the beginning of March as a spring break.  Then we won't have another break until July.

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

jjchick75
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
We are leaving Friday to go to Alaska to visit friends for a couple of weeks, so that will be our Spring Break. We are so excited :)
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:50 PM

What a wonderful benefit homeschooling is, so you can enjoy that time together!  That's a marvelous plan.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

We don't do a summer break really.  We usually take off an entire week during one of the birthday weeks, and then we take time off when my husband has time off since he works so often. :)

Quoting TidewaterClan:

That sounds like good timing.  Do you guys take a shorter summer break/go year round?  We're going to take most of June off, then start a year round (with breaks!) schedule for next year.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

We're taking these two weeks off here at the beginning of March as a spring break.  Then we won't have another break until July.

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Oh man, I'm so excited for you!  Have you ever been or will this be your first time?

Quoting jjchick75: We are leaving Friday to go to Alaska to visit friends for a couple of weeks, so that will be our Spring Break. We are so excited :)

jjchick75
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
We actually lived there for a year for my husband's old job. We are going to spend some of the trip where we used to live and then one of our friends is going to take us to see some places we didn't get to see. So a little bit of both lol.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Oh man, I'm so excited for you!  Have you ever been or will this be your first time?

Quoting jjchick75: We are leaving Friday to go to Alaska to visit friends for a couple of weeks, so that will be our Spring Break. We are so excited :)

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Our spring break will actually be moving :). We are moving at the end of the month so it'll be easier just to take that week off.

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM

That should be a wonderful time!  Sounds like a trip down memory lane and new roads too.  You can't beat that!  I hope you have a wonderful, safe trip.

Quoting jjchick75: We actually lived there for a year for my husband's old job. We are going to spend some of the trip where we used to live and then one of our friends is going to take us to see some places we didn't get to see. So a little bit of both lol.
Quoting TidewaterClan:

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Woohoo!  Lol, seriously, though, best wishes for a stress-free move and the excitement of your new place.  Taking that time off is a great idea.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Our spring break will actually be moving :). We are moving at the end of the month so it'll be easier just to take that week off.

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

We are taking about 2 weeks towards the end of April.  My parents are coming into town for a HUGE skating competition for 2 of my family members.  The girls are  super excited...after that we are going to go out of town to visit my best friend and her family.  I'm most excited by this because her ODD has asked that I go shopping with her and her mom to pick out a dress for the 8th grade dance.  I can't wait....6 week countdown.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN