Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you guys going to take a Spring Break?  We are the last week of this month.  We'll do some zoo and museum trips, but I'm also going to let the girls zone out on the xbox and be slugs.  It will be nice to take a break then start again fresh.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
We have no current plans for taking a spring break. But then it still hasn't warmed up quite enough here for me to enjoy being outside. I might completely change my tune when it gets nicer out.

On the other hand, we school during my toddlers nap, so it's not like we can be outside. At least not all of us. She has a friend in our apartments who is in ps, so if she comes knocking during her spring break then maybe I'll let dd go out with her even during nap. She'll be six this summer and I'm trying to let out the leash a little.

So all that to say... We'll play it by ear and break as we need it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Sounds like a plan!

It was 60' here on Tuesday (Ohio) then snowed Wednesday. It's supposed to be 61' tomorrow then in the 50s through next week. I'll take it but this winter sure has been cold.

I'll bet your dd will have a fun spring & summer. It's nice having a little buddy that close.

Quoting Mommy2Phenley: We have no current plans for taking a spring break. But then it still hasn't warmed up quite enough here for me to enjoy being outside. I might completely change my tune when it gets nicer out.

On the other hand, we school during my toddlers nap, so it's not like we can be outside. At least not all of us. She has a friend in our apartments who is in ps, so if she comes knocking during her spring break then maybe I'll let dd go out with her even during nap. She'll be six this summer and I'm trying to let out the leash a little.

So all that to say... We'll play it by ear and break as we need it lol.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:58 PM

If the kids keep up at the pace we're going, we'll be done with their curriculum mid April, and we'll just finish off our school year at that point, and continue our 5 minutes/subject/day thing we do during the summer (no more than 15 ends up being spent apart from reading, 5 on math, 5 on an English topic, 5 on whatever they want to cover, and a minimum of 1/2 hr reading any book they choose). Our summer is going to be massively chaotic, and it's already starting! We'll take advantage of the National Parks and probably do other field trips until the summer crazy officially starts.

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I like your 5 minutes plan.  Sounds like you all are ahead of schedule; that's wonderful!

Hey - when are your races?  I can't remember the date of the first one, but I'm sure your getting excited.

Quoting No_Difference:

If the kids keep up at the pace we're going, we'll be done with their curriculum mid April, and we'll just finish off our school year at that point, and continue our 5 minutes/subject/day thing we do during the summer (no more than 15 ends up being spent apart from reading, 5 on math, 5 on an English topic, 5 on whatever they want to cover, and a minimum of 1/2 hr reading any book they choose). Our summer is going to be massively chaotic, and it's already starting! We'll take advantage of the National Parks and probably do other field trips until the summer crazy officially starts.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I've got a 5K at the end of the month that I just signed up for. I figure that'll be a good start to help mentally prep me for a big race since I haven't raced in years now lol.
The 1/2 marathon is May 10th, and if I don't die doing that one, I might sign up for the full marathon sometime in October. I'm playing it by ear though.
I just started running outside since the weather was being nice and realized I'm poorly prepared for hills. My particular route is solely hills. My body minus the lungs keeps saying, "Yeah keep going, we got this!" but my lungs are screaming, "If you don't stop now, I swear I will explode!" lol. So I've cut back on the miles and am focusing on hills for a while since the ones I'm running on now aren't even close to what I'll be running on in the half :(
I am getting excited though :) It feels good to finally commit to something for myself for a change! 

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I like your 5 minutes plan.  Sounds like you all are ahead of schedule; that's wonderful!

Hey - when are your races?  I can't remember the date of the first one, but I'm sure your getting excited.

Quoting No_Difference:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Woohoo!  Is the May 1/2 that beautiful but steep mountain race?  If your lungs can keep up with the rest that should be an awesome adventure.

It's finally been warm enough here to step outside, so I can finally start rolling along for my 1/2 in September.

Quoting No_Difference:

I've got a 5K at the end of the month that I just signed up for. I figure that'll be a good start to help mentally prep me for a big race since I haven't raced in years now lol. The 1/2 marathon is May 10th, and if I don't die doing that one, I might sign up for the full marathon sometime in October. I'm playing it by ear though.I just started running outside since the weather was being nice and realized I'm poorly prepared for hills. My particular route is solely hills. My body minus the lungs keeps saying, "Yeah keep going, we got this!" but my lungs are screaming, "If you don't stop now, I swear I will explode!" lol. So I've cut back on the miles and am focusing on hills for a while since the ones I'm running on now aren't even close to what I'll be running on in the half :( I am getting excited though :) It feels good to finally commit to something for myself for a change! 

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting No_Difference:

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, that is the one! The Harpers Ferry Half...of doom...lol 
The beginning of the week was beautiful so I was outside Sunday-Tuesday, Wednesday threatened rain so I skipped an outdoor run, but did extreme cardio workout at home, and yesterday was so stinking windy we were getting blown away trying to get to the car from the front door...it was nuts... I think I can finally venture outside again though. Not as nice as Monday, but still, I won't Marry Poppins away lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Woohoo!  Is the May 1/2 that beautiful but steep mountain race?  If your lungs can keep up with the rest that should be an awesome adventure.

It's finally been warm enough here to step outside, so I can finally start rolling along for my 1/2 in September.

Quoting No_Difference:

I've got a 5K at the end of the month that I just signed up for. I figure that'll be a good start to help mentally prep me for a big race since I haven't raced in years now lol. The 1/2 marathon is May 10th, and if I don't die doing that one, I might sign up for the full marathon sometime in October. I'm playing it by ear though.I just started running outside since the weather was being nice and realized I'm poorly prepared for hills. My particular route is solely hills. My body minus the lungs keeps saying, "Yeah keep going, we got this!" but my lungs are screaming, "If you don't stop now, I swear I will explode!" lol. So I've cut back on the miles and am focusing on hills for a while since the ones I'm running on now aren't even close to what I'll be running on in the half :( I am getting excited though :) It feels good to finally commit to something for myself for a change! 

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting No_Difference:

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL, not for the faint of heart that's for sure!  Keep us updated on how you're doing!  I'm looking forward to hearing about the route and all. :) 

Quoting No_Difference:

Yes, that is the one! The Harpers Ferry Half...of doom...lol The beginning of the week was beautiful so I was outside Sunday-Tuesday, Wednesday threatened rain so I skipped an outdoor run, but did extreme cardio workout at home, and yesterday was so stinking windy we were getting blown away trying to get to the car from the front door...it was nuts... I think I can finally venture outside again though. Not as nice as Monday, but still, I won't Marry Poppins away lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting No_Difference:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting No_Difference:

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
No. My kids and I havent been overly academic this year...(in other words we have been slackers).

The schools here had spring break this week. Their neighbors they play with; one family was sick all week and another family are away from home. There was no point in spring break if our friends aren't around.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Will do :) ...assuming I haven't died first ;) lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

LOL, not for the faint of heart that's for sure!  Keep us updated on how you're doing!  I'm looking forward to hearing about the route and all. :) 

Quoting No_Difference:

Yes, that is the one! The Harpers Ferry Half...of doom...lol The beginning of the week was beautiful so I was outside Sunday-Tuesday, Wednesday threatened rain so I skipped an outdoor run, but did extreme cardio workout at home, and yesterday was so stinking windy we were getting blown away trying to get to the car from the front door...it was nuts... I think I can finally venture outside again though. Not as nice as Monday, but still, I won't Marry Poppins away lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting No_Difference:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting No_Difference:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN