Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you guys going to take a Spring Break?  We are the last week of this month.  We'll do some zoo and museum trips, but I'm also going to let the girls zone out on the xbox and be slugs.  It will be nice to take a break then start again fresh.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, If we don't hear from you in May we'll send out the search and rescue dogs!

Quoting No_Difference:

Will do :) ...assuming I haven't died first ;) lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

LOL, not for the faint of heart that's for sure!  Keep us updated on how you're doing!  I'm looking forward to hearing about the route and all. :) 

Quoting No_Difference:

Yes, that is the one! The Harpers Ferry Half...of doom...lol The beginning of the week was beautiful so I was outside Sunday-Tuesday, Wednesday threatened rain so I skipped an outdoor run, but did extreme cardio workout at home, and yesterday was so stinking windy we were getting blown away trying to get to the car from the front door...it was nuts... I think I can finally venture outside again though. Not as nice as Monday, but still, I won't Marry Poppins away lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Woohoo!  Is the May 1/2 that beautiful but steep mountain race?  If your lungs can keep up with the rest that should be an awesome adventure.

It's finally been warm enough here to step outside, so I can finally start rolling along for my 1/2 in September.

Quoting No_Difference:

I've got a 5K at the end of the month that I just signed up for. I figure that'll be a good start to help mentally prep me for a big race since I haven't raced in years now lol. The 1/2 marathon is May 10th, and if I don't die doing that one, I might sign up for the full marathon sometime in October. I'm playing it by ear though.I just started running outside since the weather was being nice and realized I'm poorly prepared for hills. My particular route is solely hills. My body minus the lungs keeps saying, "Yeah keep going, we got this!" but my lungs are screaming, "If you don't stop now, I swear I will explode!" lol. So I've cut back on the miles and am focusing on hills for a while since the ones I'm running on now aren't even close to what I'll be running on in the half :( I am getting excited though :) It feels good to finally commit to something for myself for a change! 

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I like your 5 minutes plan.  Sounds like you all are ahead of schedule; that's wonderful!

Hey - when are your races?  I can't remember the date of the first one, but I'm sure your getting excited.

Quoting No_Difference:

If the kids keep up at the pace we're going, we'll be done with their curriculum mid April, and we'll just finish off our school year at that point, and continue our 5 minutes/subject/day thing we do during the summer (no more than 15 ends up being spent apart from reading, 5 on math, 5 on an English topic, 5 on whatever they want to cover, and a minimum of 1/2 hr reading any book they choose). Our summer is going to be massively chaotic, and it's already starting! We'll take advantage of the National Parks and probably do other field trips until the summer crazy officially starts.

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:12 PM
That makes sense. Sorry to hear your friends whole week was spent with an illness. :(

Quoting KrissyKC: No. My kids and I havent been overly academic this year...(in other words we have been slackers).

The schools here had spring break this week. Their neighbors they play with; one family was sick all week and another family are away from home. There was no point in spring break if our friends aren't around.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't really do breaks scheduled. We school all year round so when we feel like a couple of days off we just take them. But in 2 weeks one of our co-ops isn't meeting so we are going to the aquarium.

Mandallyn
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I... don't think so. Maybe we'll give a lesson or two less, but I really don't think letting our kid without any lessons would be beneficial to him.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds good :) LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan: Lol, If we don't hear from you in May we'll send out the search and rescue dogs!
Quoting No_Difference:

Will do :) ...assuming I haven't died first ;) lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

LOL, not for the faint of heart that's for sure!  Keep us updated on how you're doing!  I'm looking forward to hearing about the route and all. :) 

Quoting No_Difference:

Yes, that is the one! The Harpers Ferry Half...of doom...lol The beginning of the week was beautiful so I was outside Sunday-Tuesday, Wednesday threatened rain so I skipped an outdoor run, but did extreme cardio workout at home, and yesterday was so stinking windy we were getting blown away trying to get to the car from the front door...it was nuts... I think I can finally venture outside again though. Not as nice as Monday, but still, I won't Marry Poppins away lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Woohoo!  Is the May 1/2 that beautiful but steep mountain race?  If your lungs can keep up with the rest that should be an awesome adventure.

It's finally been warm enough here to step outside, so I can finally start rolling along for my 1/2 in September.

Quoting No_Difference:

I've got a 5K at the end of the month that I just signed up for. I figure that'll be a good start to help mentally prep me for a big race since I haven't raced in years now lol. The 1/2 marathon is May 10th, and if I don't die doing that one, I might sign up for the full marathon sometime in October. I'm playing it by ear though.I just started running outside since the weather was being nice and realized I'm poorly prepared for hills. My particular route is solely hills. My body minus the lungs keeps saying, "Yeah keep going, we got this!" but my lungs are screaming, "If you don't stop now, I swear I will explode!" lol. So I've cut back on the miles and am focusing on hills for a while since the ones I'm running on now aren't even close to what I'll be running on in the half :( I am getting excited though :) It feels good to finally commit to something for myself for a change! 

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I like your 5 minutes plan.  Sounds like you all are ahead of schedule; that's wonderful!

Hey - when are your races?  I can't remember the date of the first one, but I'm sure your getting excited.

Quoting No_Difference:

If the kids keep up at the pace we're going, we'll be done with their curriculum mid April, and we'll just finish off our school year at that point, and continue our 5 minutes/subject/day thing we do during the summer (no more than 15 ends up being spent apart from reading, 5 on math, 5 on an English topic, 5 on whatever they want to cover, and a minimum of 1/2 hr reading any book they choose). Our summer is going to be massively chaotic, and it's already starting! We'll take advantage of the National Parks and probably do other field trips until the summer crazy officially starts.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Not sure if we will as our year has been pretty light this time around. Still chomping the bit though, so we'll see.
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

We usually do, but are not going to this year.  We took a 6 week Christmas Break and then completely restarted with a new curriculum the beginning of February. We're also taking a week's vacation in May, so we'll call that Spring Break

crystalclear12
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 3:01 AM
3 moms liked this

Spring Break started early for us today! We went to Disneyland. Our passes are expiring in May so I was like lets go! Was a beautiful day for it too. We had a blast. :)

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
You guys have been super busy. I wouldn't blame you either way you choose.

Quoting kirbymom: Not sure if we will as our year has been pretty light this time around. Still chomping the bit though, so we'll see.
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM
That'll be a nice spring break! Plus warmer too. I hope your new curriculum is working well for you.

Quoting Pukalani79:

We usually do, but are not going to this year.  We took a 6 week Christmas Break and then completely restarted with a new curriculum the beginning of February. We're also taking a week's vacation in May, so we'll call that Spring Break

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN