Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you guys going to take a Spring Break?  We are the last week of this month.  We'll do some zoo and museum trips, but I'm also going to let the girls zone out on the xbox and be slugs.  It will be nice to take a break then start again fresh.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Replies (51-57):
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Carpe diem! That does sound like a blast!

Quoting crystalclear12:

Spring Break started early for us today! We went to Disneyland. Our passes are expiring in May so I was like lets go! Was a beautiful day for it too. We had a blast. :)

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
It does seem better at this point to keep working while he's getting into the swing of things.

Quoting Mandallyn: I... don't think so. Maybe we'll give a lesson or two less, but I really don't think letting our kid without any lessons would be beneficial to him.
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:07 PM
That sounds like fun! We 're doing year-round for next year so we can have more mini breaks.

Quoting KickButtMama:

We don't really do breaks scheduled. We school all year round so when we feel like a couple of days off we just take them. But in 2 weeks one of our co-ops isn't meeting so we are going to the aquarium.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 15, 2014 at 10:31 PM

:) We're heading to Ohio in May for the week, so hopefully it will thaw out by then. The new curriculum is wonderful. I'm really liking the results I'm seeing

Quoting TidewaterClan: That'll be a nice spring break! Plus warmer too. I hope your new curriculum is working well for you.
Quoting Pukalani79:

We usually do, but are not going to this year.  We took a 6 week Christmas Break and then completely restarted with a new curriculum the beginning of February. We're also taking a week's vacation in May, so we'll call that Spring Break

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohio rocks (I'm in Dayton, lol). May is usually gorgeous around here and a huge start to gardening, so you shoukd have some great weather. I hope so anyhow!

Quoting Pukalani79:

:) We're heading to Ohio in May for the week, so hopefully it will thaw out by then. The new curriculum is wonderful. I'm really liking the results I'm seeing

Quoting TidewaterClan: That'll be a nice spring break! Plus warmer too. I hope your new curriculum is working well for you.
Quoting Pukalani79:

We usually do, but are not going to this year.  We took a 6 week Christmas Break and then completely restarted with a new curriculum the beginning of February. We're also taking a week's vacation in May, so we'll call that Spring Break

KateV11
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 11:47 AM

We will in April

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol ... You think?
Well thank you! :)

Quoting TidewaterClan: You guys have been super busy. I wouldn't blame you either way you choose.

Quoting kirbymom: Not sure if we will as our year has been pretty light this time around. Still chomping the bit though, so we'll see.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)