Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I know one person here does Science Fusion.  I am curious how you schedule it?  I got 2 modules, one for now and one for the beginning of next year and I'm trying to get an Idea on scheduling it.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Replies (11-16):
Knightquester
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, I was about to reply, since we did Science Fusion this past year, but you have beaten me to the full review.  My three older ones did Cells and Heredity (Module A I believe), my youngest did Grade 5 Science and his was two workbooks, a full years worth of work, while the modules my older ones did were only 3-4 months max worth of work.

Quoting TidewaterClan: Hey Silver! Did you guys start with Cells & Heredity? The way I schedule it is starting with the online lesson for the first day. That usually takes us an hour. We usually do 4 workbook pages each of the following days. We do the lesson review but not the quizzes. I did print a quiz out once it's pretty slick - you choose what types of questions and the level of difficulty. The online lessons are super, but the workbook really does reinforce it greatly. I also have dd draw pictures too. We have a prokaryote, eukaryote, cell life cycle, etc., on our wall downstairs. Does that help at all? I did find some kind of scheduling thing once, but the 4 pages seems good and not too much at once for dd.
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes this helps a lot, thank you!

Where was the quizes where you could choose the questions and level of difficulty, I've not found that one yet?

We are starting with Module D - Ecology and the Environment.  My daughter wants to do Earth and Space science so I figured something random to get our feet wet would be better so I'm not trying to learn things as we go through the ones she wants to do.

Quoting TidewaterClan: Hey Silver! Did you guys start with Cells & Heredity? The way I schedule it is starting with the online lesson for the first day. That usually takes us an hour. We usually do 4 workbook pages each of the following days. We do the lesson review but not the quizzes. I did print a quiz out once it's pretty slick - you choose what types of questions and the level of difficulty. The online lessons are super, but the workbook really does reinforce it greatly. I also have dd draw pictures too. We have a prokaryote, eukaryote, cell life cycle, etc., on our wall downstairs. Does that help at all? I did find some kind of scheduling thing once, but the 4 pages seems good and not too much at once for dd.

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 10:46 PM

The quiz area was super funky to figure out. I'm on my tablet, but I'll get on the PC in the morning if that's alright. I had to download a quiz maker then it all fell into place. 

Let me me know what you think of the Ecology module!  That's the beautiful thing about this program. My dd keeps trying to slip B - The diversity of living things in when I ask her to get science. We're almost done with the cells and I've learned a ton of things. I think she has too, lol. 

Quoting Silverkitty:

Where was the quizes where you could choose the questions and level of difficulty, I've not found that one yet?

We are starting with Module D - Ecology and the Environment.  My daughter wants to do Earth and Space science so I figured something random to get our feet wet would be better so I'm not trying to learn things as we go through the ones she wants to do.

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 10:56 PM

My 3rd grader is right on schedule with the 3rd grade SF. 

My older dd (6th) is almost finished with Cells. It took us 5 months but a HUGE reason for that was bringing her home after school had started and figuring out how to juggle the two of them. It's our first year, and I have it mildly under control now, lol. 

How ow old were your children last year?

Quoting Knightquester:

Lol, I was about to reply, since we did Science Fusion this past year, but you have beaten me to the full review.  My three older ones did Cells and Heredity (Module A I believe), my youngest did Grade 5 Science and his was two workbooks, a full years worth of work, while the modules my older ones did were only 3-4 months max worth of work.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

After digging I found it.  I like this better than the quiz they have online, it has more questions and options!  Thank you for telling me they had such.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

The quiz area was super funky to figure out. I'm on my tablet, but I'll get on the PC in the morning if that's alright. I had to download a quiz maker then it all fell into place. 

Let me me know what you think of the Ecology module!  That's the beautiful thing about this program. My dd keeps trying to slip B - The diversity of living things in when I ask her to get science. We're almost done with the cells and I've learned a ton of things. I think she has too, lol. 

Quoting Silverkitty:

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:02 AM
You're welcome! I'm glad you found it. I liked it better than the online too.

Quoting Silverkitty:

After digging I found it.  I like this better than the quiz they have online, it has more questions and options!  Thank you for telling me they had such.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting Silverkitty:

Quoting TidewaterClan: Hey Silver!

Did you guys start with Cells & Heredity?

The way I schedule it is starting with the online lesson for the first day. That usually takes us an hour. We usually do 4 workbook pages each of the following days. We do the lesson review but not the quizzes.

I did print a quiz out once it's pretty slick - you choose what types of questions and the level of difficulty.

The online lessons are super, but the workbook really does reinforce it greatly. I also have dd draw pictures too. We have a prokaryote, eukaryote, cell life cycle, etc., on our wall downstairs.

Does that help at all? I did find some kind of scheduling thing once, but the 4 pages seems good and not too much at once for dd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN