Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What books are your children reading?

Posted by   + Show Post

right now? How old are they?

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:02 PM

My kids are all angry with me because I won't let the 5 of them be on the wait list for the Minecraft books back to back.  But really, 30 weeks of those books hanging out at my house?  Just buy them, kids!  There are gazillions of Minecraft tips/hints book, but my husband really likes how the Dummies book is done.

Quoting paganbaby:

They have minecraft for dummies?? 

Guess what I'm buying for my 9yo ds,lol.

Quoting hwblyf:

Minecraft for Dummies--9yo (and anyone who can grab it from him)Ashtown Burials--11yo (and me!)Lake Monster Mix Up--8yo (A Sam & Friend's Mystery)tons of books--6yobeginner readers--5yo

Together we're finishing up Dandelion and I'm getting psyched to read Chestnut King with them.  I'm heavy into ND Wilson these days! 

ambcortez
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:07 PM

DD is 4 and can read Dr. Seuss by herself. DS is 7 and just started reading Charlotte's Web.

Jlee4249
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:38 PM

My 8 yo is on the last book of the Little House series.  My 5 year old is reading a Magic Treehouse book on dinosaurs and the first Ramona Quimby book, I thnk it's Ramona and Beezus(?).  

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:40 PM

My kindergartens are reading:http://clarkness.com/Single%20Page%20Stories%20page%201.htm

My 6th and 9th graders are reading about Women History

they just finished.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Ds, 10, is reading The Long Winter for a class at co-op.  He is reading a How to Train your Dragon book.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Right now they are on a Terry Pratchett Disc World kick

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:43 PM

My 12 year old is reading The Time Travelers Handbook, and my 9 year old is reading thick Power Rangers and Marvel Hero books.

They each have a daily story in their Reading Street books but we're also working on our first lapbook using Sarah, Plain and Tall.  When we finish that we'll do another with My Side of the Mountain.

4wildbeasts
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:44 PM
My 7 and 8 year olds are reading the fourth book of A Series of Unfortunate Events and The Diary of a Young Girl: Anne Frank.
Jenn8604
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Kindergarten site words books. He has all sorts.
He enjoys listening to The Lord of the Rings. We're in The Two Towers, Merry and Pippin just met Treebeard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Ooo I like those. Now I have something else he can read. He loves reading. It runs in the family :)

Quoting motheroffour186:

My kindergartens are reading:http://clarkness.com/Single%20Page%20Stories%20page%201.htm

My 6th and 9th graders are reading about Women History

they just finished.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN