Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What books are your children reading?

Posted by   + Show Post

right now? How old are they?

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Replies (21-30):
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:55 PM

He is just going to start "The Titanic An interactive History Adenture" (like pick your path)

1st example is they introduce the ship(type of passengers) then you have to chose (To travel with the rich in first class, turn to page 13, to travel with the poor in third class turn to page 47 to travle as a crewmember turn to page 73)

He is 8

after this he wants to read divergent...I have to reread it to decide if he can or not...

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:09 PM
My 5 yo is reading the first book in The Magic Treehouse series.

I'm reading aloud Little House in the Big Woods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM
My 2nd grader is reading the old Barenstain Bears books. Not the I Can Read ones but the really long and wordy ones for older kids.

We also have a book of gifted reading comprehension that he reads and answers the questions to daily.

My Kinder is reading his McGuffey Primer.

At night I read to them:

Uncle Arthurs Bedtime Stories or
Grimms Fairy Tales or
Charles Dickens Stories For Children or
Other similar books.
GodsAmiga
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:48 PM

My 5 year old is reading leveled readers, Dr Seuss, random picture books such as Bernstein Bears, Amelia Bedelia, etc. My other two don't know how to read yet but I've been reading Ramona to them and the Narnia books.

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:53 PM

War and Peace.  No, I'm not kidding.  This is HIS idea, not mine.  He's  14, almost 15.  Our daughter is reading Cry of the Icemark. She's 11.  The little one, 7, is reading A Child's History of the World. 

momof3inTN
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:55 PM

14 year old boy - Call of the Wild (for school), Warriors and PSAT prep book (for fun, he enjoys checking my vocabulary)

12 year old boy - Diary of Anne Frank (for school), Chronicles of Narnia (for fun)

7 year old girl - Ramona Quimby books (for school), anything she can get her hands on (for fun)

2 year old and 2 month old - I read them their imagination library books and pj library books. 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:05 PM

My 9 yr old is starting some book from the Magic Tree House series, and a book out of American Heritage series??? I forgot what they all were and she's horded them away to her room lol.
My 4 yr old isn't really reading any specific book, just whatever he comes across...I was super proud of him yesterday though, he wrote with the letter tiles for spelling, "fun school wow it is fast" all by hisself, and then pulled me over so he could read it to me. All the spelling was correct too! :) ...I knew he's been holding out on me when we do his school work lol

Jilectan
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM

DS is 9 and reading the Bobsey Twins at School for his classwork. I haven't managed to get him to pick a book to read for fun, yet.

Older DD is 7 and we're still working on getting her reading. I'm reading Warriors book 3 to her.

Younger DD is 4. We haven't officially started working on reading, yet. She says she can read some words, like stop, cat, her name, dog, that kind of thing. I know she can write her name, she was writing it in the sand at the park on Wednesday. She doesn't want to work on it the way her sister is, so I might have to find a way to sneak up on her with reading instruction, lol. I already have some ideas on that front.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Dd13 just finished The Faults in our Stars, and the Divergent trilogy. Ds11 hates to read so he's not reading anything but absolutely necessary instructions for his games, or assignments for school.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM
How bad am I? I have no clue.

We just hit the library and brought home 19 books plus 7 educational dvds plus three books on tape.

Plus we have a special home school library that we curently have 10 books out from there.

We also just hit two thrift stores that had their kids books on sale and I believe we bought over 30 new books.

It is hard to keep track of.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN