Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What books are your children reading?

Posted by   + Show Post

right now? How old are they?

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Replies (31-36):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I only know what my kids read because I"m always tripping over the evidence. LOL

Quoting KrissyKC: How bad am I? I have no clue. We just hit the library and brought home 19 books plus 7 educational dvds plus three books on tape. Plus we have a special home school library that we curently have 10 books out from there. We also just hit two thrift stores that had their kids books on sale and I believe we bought over 30 new books. It is hard to keep track of.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM
My girls (7 and 8) are reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Everyone has such great books their reading...as opposed to my kids funny Terry Pratchett books. Hmmm....

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Quoting KickButtMama:

Everyone has such great books their reading...as opposed to my kids funny Terry Pratchett books. Hmmm....

My oldest is reading the old Barenstain Bears books, lol. They are not hte I Can Read books but I definantly don't feel like they are awesome books either. I did look them up and their reading levels range anywhere from 2 to early 4 grade level so I guess he's reading at grade level or above at least. I know the one he is currently reading is a 3.7 grade level. Soon he's going to be reading the Roald Dahl books.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I'm so sad. :( I can't seem to get my kids into reading on their own anymore. They would rather be "doing" a project or something instead.
RCHOUDH
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM

My daughter is into the Magic Treehouse series since she's an avid history buff :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN