Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
I had my daughter's end of year assessment done yesterday. It was really easy. I was invited to a group assessment. I just had to bring a math and writing sample and participate in a group discussion.
Does anyone else have to have an assessment or testing done, and when will you be having it done?
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Replies (11-18):
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM
We're not required to test here. Yay!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the ODE website actually has a generic one that is very basic.

Quoting TidewaterClan: Cm does that to me all the time. Thank you Very Much for posting this. I'll copy it off to show my friend. Neither of us was sure what it should say exactly.
Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Mobile Photo

Apparently you have to take the picture horizontally for CM. Weird.
Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Mobile Photo

I just took a picture of the form she used. She typed it up and used it for everyone. Sorry if it is sideways. I took it vertically,but CM flipped it.
Quoting TidewaterClan:

Sounds like that was super easy and laid back!  My friend is going to review us (she's stopped by during the year too).  What did the person write as far as your assessment goes?  Just that your dd is on track and progressing, etc?

LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:43 AM

We usually do testing the last week of school, but it's not required. It's more a "CYA" type thing for me.

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Thanks Mem! I'll check that out too.

Quoting mem82:

I think the ODE website actually has a generic one that is very basic.

Quoting TidewaterClan: Cm does that to me all the time.

Thank you Very Much for posting this. I'll copy it off to show my friend. Neither of us was sure what it should say exactly.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Mobile Photo

Apparently you have to take the picture horizontally for CM. Weird.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Mobile Photo

I just took a picture of the form she used. She typed it up and used it for everyone.
Sorry if it is sideways. I took it vertically,but CM flipped it.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Sounds like that was super easy and laid back!  My friend is going to review us (she's stopped by during the year too).  What did the person write as far as your assessment goes?  Just that your dd is on track and progressing, etc?

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Wow, I had no idea end of the year assessments were done this early in the year! We live in a state w/ no requirements so I'm not up on all those particulars 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Whether or not I am "supposed" to is a moot point for me. Always has been.. but I do it for myself. I give my kids as many tests as I think they may need or I don't. I keep theur work papers and websites but that isn't for any state's requirements that is just for my own satisfaction of seeing their wonderful progress as they move up in learning. I have been "checked" out before when someone noses into my business but when they came and I brought out my "pile" of paperwork and show the books we use and talk about how the kids learn, those people walk away asking if we would do homeschool for them.
I am not worried because I have and will prove that we are and have gone, above and beyond anything the ps system could possibly ever dream of requiring.
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Hey - do you know if this lady is open to the general public?  My gut feeling is telling me to go with someone who does this all the time.

If this lady is too busy (or just by invite) I'll go with the lady in charge of the Cincinnati Yahoo Group.  She meets folks at the parks around Cincy in a group setting and it sounds laid back like this.   

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I messaged you her info.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Hey - do you know if this lady is open to the general public?  My gut feeling is telling me to go with someone who does this all the time.

If this lady is too busy (or just by invite) I'll go with the lady in charge of the Cincinnati Yahoo Group.  She meets folks at the parks around Cincy in a group setting and it sounds laid back like this.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)