Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Happy Pi Day :)

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

Do you celebrate Pi Day?
We're making Pies to take to co-op today, and listen to the Sound of Pi

And have just general number fun usually :)

Today is also our dog's birthday (as well as Einstein's)  so we do lots of birthday stuff, and read up on Eintsein... A fun day from the normal routine.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for the reminder!  The girls always heard about this in ps, but it didn't even click with me this was pi day.  Just another reason to love math!  I hope they appreciate.  :)

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:15 PM
2 moms liked this

We love Pi day! We only eat things that come in circles for dinner - we are having chicken pot pie along with cookies for dessert

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I just saw that it was Pi day right before seeing this post!

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I guess we kind of accidentally doing that today
We made too many apple pies today so we have extras for desert lol. I think we're doing pizza for dinner because I'm sick of baking/cooking ;)

Quoting KickButtMama:

We love Pi day! We only eat things that come in circles for dinner - we are having chicken pot pie along with cookies for dessert

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM

lol, tomorrow is my youngests birthday party so i fell back on easy stuff for dinner.

Quoting No_Difference:

I guess we kind of accidentally doing that todayWe made too many apple pies today so we have extras for desert lol. I think we're doing pizza for dinner because I'm sick of baking/cooking ;)

Quoting KickButtMama:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't even know! lol. Goofy me. :)
twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

We didn't do anything for Pi day but my baby turned 1month old today so it was a very special Pi day :)

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I'll have to remember that for next year.  As soon as my kids heard it was pi day, they put in their requests.  For dessert they had a choice of chocolate or banana cream pie.  Yum :)

Quoting KickButtMama:

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww, hope it was a specially great day! 

Quoting twyliatepeka:

We didn't do anything for Pi day but my baby turned 1month old today so it was a very special Pi day :)

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM

My kids love coming up with circle food ideas!

Quoting Pukalani79:

I'll have to remember that for next year.  As soon as my kids heard it was pi day, they put in their requests.  For dessert they had a choice of chocolate or banana cream pie.  Yum :)

Quoting KickButtMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)