Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are homeschoolers more likely to breastfeed?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you/did you breastfeed, cloth diaper, co-sleep or baby wear?

Options:

Yes. I did/do all four

No. I didn't/don't do any of them.

I only do/did a few. *Comment below*

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 83

View Results

So I was telling my sister about my other post, "what does baby need?" yesterday. I mentioned that breastfeeding, cloth diapering and baby wearing and co-sleeping got thrown around a lot. She said, "Well yeah." "Don't you know almsot all homeschoolers are crunchy hippies like you?" (She's always teasing me,lol.)

So that got me wondering...

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Replies (101-106):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Ah, I see.

Quoting lovelylady83: No but I have a stupid he top loader (never buy one trust me) and it sucks for cloth and folding time was a pain
Quoting paganbaby:

Hours of laundry?? Were you washing by hand?lol

Quoting lovelylady83:

I am crunchie hippie mom but during our last move (that we are still in the middle of) I decided to use sposies.... and I am never going back to cloth again!  HOURS of laundry eliminated that fast! BAM! LOL

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Mweddle
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I didn't but all my kids are adopted.  They were adopted at 9months, 4, 5, and 6 so I missed out on that.  If I had been able to have biological kids I would have tried and I would have also cloth diapered! 

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I did/do all four. I don't attempt to be crunchy just to fit a mold, I'm actually pretty rebellious if a certain way seems expected. But I do tend to fall in the crunchy category a lot.

Breastfeeding - dd1 nursed to 2y10m. Dd2 is 20 months and still going though I want to wean her. She only nurses once or twice in the early morning. We dropped night nursing just a couple weeks ago.

Cloth diapers- I LOVE cloth! Cute and cheap lol. Sposies are too expensive. Dd1 didn't wear sposies til after she potty trained. She still wears a pull up at night. Dd2 got sposies for a long stretch because of my medical issues consuming our lives and then our washer broke. But we are back to cloth now.

Co sleeping- dd1 was in our bed from birth to 3ish, then half and half til 4 when dd2 was born. Dd2 was in our bed until about 7 months I think. Then in a crib in our room until 14 months.

Babywearing - LOVE baby wearing. I have like 6 carriers. I didn't even have a stroller for dd1 until she was almost a year old. I didn't get to wear dd2 as much because of my arm. We got a stroller for her at 5 months when it got too bad. DH still wore her though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arwalters
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 4:37 AM
His intestine telescoped into itself, and he was vomiting bile, nearly died just from the dehydration, thank God I got him to hospital in time. He stayed in picu for nearly a week after having emergency surgery. Super scary

Quoting paganbaby:

What happened??

Quoting arwalters: I didn't cosleep til my son almost died at 6months old. I didn't cloth diaper at first but I did when he got a little older like around a yr old. I did wear him a lot and bf for 13mos but had no idea I'd be a homeschooler til he was prek age

PheliciaOilGal
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 4:48 AM
Yes, I did all 4, though I only cloth diapered at home and in the beginning. Totally the stereotypical homeschool mama I suppose.
bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:18 AM

me too !!

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

I did all 4.  I wasn't trying to prove anything (not that you implied that, but I think my friends and family did, lol).  It was just an inexpensive and easy way to do things!  And all 3 kids grew up healthy, smart, happy, confident, and independent.  Why doesn't everyone (who doesn't need another caregiver) do these things??  In my opinion:

Breastfeeding - cheap, easy, and convenient.  

Co sleeping - easy and convenient and I never had sleepless nights.

Baby Wearing - omg, a lifesaver.  The kids were always so content and happy.  It was comfortable, easy, and wonderful to have my hands free.  

Cloth diapers - did this only with my last child.  I wish I'd known how great they were when I had my other 2 kids.  I think I spent less than $300 on 2 years of cloth diapering.  My son never had a rash.  Washing was so incredibly easy, once I had the system down.  I even made my own fleece liners and used only homemade detergent.  Cloth diapers are addicting (and only other cloth users will understand, lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN