Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are homeschoolers more likely to breastfeed?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you/did you breastfeed, cloth diaper, co-sleep or baby wear?

Options:

Yes. I did/do all four

No. I didn't/don't do any of them.

I only do/did a few. *Comment below*

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 83

View Results

So I was telling my sister about my other post, "what does baby need?" yesterday. I mentioned that breastfeeding, cloth diapering and baby wearing and co-sleeping got thrown around a lot. She said, "Well yeah." "Don't you know almsot all homeschoolers are crunchy hippies like you?" (She's always teasing me,lol.)

So that got me wondering...

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Omg, mine too! I breastfed the longest out of anyone I know and everyone was like , "Why are you trying to keep them babies?" Acting like co-sleeping was going to make them dependent on me *eyeroll*

Honestly the main reason I did all 4 was laziness and being cheap,lol. My babies were happy, quiet, I saved money and had more sleep than I ever did with my FF oldest.

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

I did all 4.  I wasn't trying to prove anything (not that you implied that, but I think my friends and family did, lol).  It was just an inexpensive and easy way to do things!  And all 3 kids grew up healthy, smart, happy, confident, and independent.  Why doesn't everyone (who doesn't need another caregiver) do these things??  In my opinion:

Breastfeeding - cheap, easy, and convenient.  

Co sleeping - easy and convenient and I never had sleepless nights.

Baby Wearing - omg, a lifesaver.  The kids were always so content and happy.  It was comfortable, easy, and wonderful to have my hands free.  

Cloth diapers - did this only with my last child.  I wish I'd known how great they were when I had my other 2 kids.  I think I spent less than $300 on 2 years of cloth diapering.  My son never had a rash.  Washing was so incredibly easy, once I had the system down.  I even made my own fleece liners and used only homemade detergent.  Cloth diapers are addicting (and only other cloth users will understand, lol)

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

geenabean
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I've done all 4. With each baby I've become more and more "crunchy".
Precious333
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, yep

Quoting paganbaby:

I co-slept, breastfed and baby wore out of self preservation,lol. I needed sleep and the sound of babies crying drives me up a wall!

Quoting Precious333: Yeah, Im a bit crunchy lol. I always coslept, breastfed and babywore. Cloth diaper i added with my last three. Not all my homeschooling friends are like me, but quite a bit are.

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I only brestfeed my children.

ambcortez
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I homeschool and I breastfed. I never cloth diapered, wore my babies or co-slept overnight.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I am definitely not "crunchy", lol.

I do breastfeed my youngest, but I breastfed my older child too, before I homeschooled.

I guess I "wore" my sons when they were tiny infants, only when we were out - easier than lugging around a stroller - but never at home and I was glad when they decided they didn't care for the pouch carrier I had (by the time they could sit safely in the grocery cart, that thing was gone).

I co-sleep to make my life easier at times, and with this youngest kiddo, to keep him safe (he's quite the adventurous one). I would love to *not* co-sleep though.

I have NO desire to cloth diaper.

I never go out of my way to buy organic, we love meat, we eat a normal home-cooked type of diet, with lots of carbs, meats, dairy, fresh fruits, and fresh vegetables.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I do all 4, but I know plenty homeschool moms who aren't crunchy.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I'm a weird mix of crunchy - I breasted, baby wrap, co-sleep- and anal urban....live been called the Nazi Mom not for political reasons but because my kids had strict bedtimes, long lists of chores, and have to rent their electronics from me...all since they were 3 years old...lol

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I used to be a vegetarian (mostly because I find meat gross) but I do not garden...I can't grow a vegetable to save my life. While my husband hunts, I won't eat deer meat, and my idea of roughing it is a 3 star hotel. 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay, I'm not the only one! Lol

Quoting Precious333: Lol, yep
Quoting paganbaby:

I co-slept, breastfed and baby wore out of self preservation,lol. I needed sleep and the sound of babies crying drives me up a wall!

Quoting Precious333: Yeah, Im a bit crunchy lol. I always coslept, breastfed and babywore. Cloth diaper i added with my last three. Not all my homeschooling friends are like me, but quite a bit are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)