Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are homeschoolers more likely to breastfeed?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you/did you breastfeed, cloth diaper, co-sleep or baby wear?

Options:

Yes. I did/do all four

No. I didn't/don't do any of them.

I only do/did a few. *Comment below*

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 83

View Results

So I was telling my sister about my other post, "what does baby need?" yesterday. I mentioned that breastfeeding, cloth diapering and baby wearing and co-sleeping got thrown around a lot. She said, "Well yeah." "Don't you know almsot all homeschoolers are crunchy hippies like you?" (She's always teasing me,lol.)

So that got me wondering...

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:53 PM
I said partial because what I did with my daughter is opposite from my son. I formula fed, diapered, and rarely coslept with my daughter. My son I breastfed, cloth diapered a bit more, coslept way more, and majorly baby wore. I also made my own baby food with him and did not with her.
However, even with those differences the decision to homeschool had been made with her.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Yep, my kids never got a drop of formula, I made all baby food, we are selective in vaccines, we cloth diapered, did as much baby wearing as I could and had the co-sleeper next to my bed for at least 6 months.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:09 PM

I EP'd for 15 months with DD and was able to nurse DS until he was about 19 mo.  Oh and I also do extended rear facing in car seats!

Mandallyn
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:31 PM
I only did two. I tried to cloth diaper with my last, but he has a predisposition to fungal infections and the cloth diaper made it impossible to keep away, no matter how much I allowed him to air out, lathered on diaper rash cream, or changed his diaper.

All of my kids were too big for baby wearing. They just couldn't fit comfortably at their size for anything. Especially my youngest, but boy did I try!

I did breastfeed both my youngest for over 1yr. And I co-slept with my youngest.

I'm just a little crunchy.
melindabelcher
by Mel on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
We breastfeed, cosleep, babywear. we cloth diapered each child for varying amounts of time, including quite a while that I handwashed every night and line dried.
mhaney03
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I coslept and breastfed, and I can't stand hippies LOL

kajira
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I did all of that but cloth diapers. LOL

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:37 PM
I co slept and breastfed but I did not get the hang of clioh diapering. Though I tried and tried. It hated me I tell you! lol
jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:01 PM
I only breast fed my boys. I did not co-sleep or baby wear. Co-sleeping wasn't for me and I don't believe in baby wearing. I fully support moms that baby wear. We use disposable diapers. I really don't like cloth diapers. Too much work.
SarahinWA
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing mama here! I DEEPLY hate cloth diapers, though. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN