Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are homeschoolers more likely to breastfeed?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you/did you breastfeed, cloth diaper, co-sleep or baby wear?

Options:

Yes. I did/do all four

No. I didn't/don't do any of them.

I only do/did a few. *Comment below*

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 83

View Results

So I was telling my sister about my other post, "what does baby need?" yesterday. I mentioned that breastfeeding, cloth diapering and baby wearing and co-sleeping got thrown around a lot. She said, "Well yeah." "Don't you know almsot all homeschoolers are crunchy hippies like you?" (She's always teasing me,lol.)

So that got me wondering...

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I only breast fed my little guy, and only for a few months. I did not cloth diaper, and the only time we ever "co-slept" is when the kids were sick/couldn't breathe, and then I'd sit up all night to keep them propped up...wasn't much sleeping on my part... and I think the only time I "baby wore" was when we were out of the house at places where it'd be difficult to take a stroller...like the aquarium, or the National Parks, or the Smithsonians... but even then, it was with my little guy, and he hated it as much as we did.

Earthling
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:46 AM
I'm not crunchy at all! lol I do breastfeed and co sleep, I sometimes baby wear but I don't consider those things "crunchy"
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a nazi mom? I guess I'll join ranks with you,lol.

Quoting KickButtMama:

I'm a weird mix of crunchy - I breasted, baby wrap, co-sleep- and anal urban....live been called the Nazi Mom not for political reasons but because my kids had strict bedtimes, long lists of chores, and have to rent their electronics from me...all since they were 3 years old...lol

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Same here. I eat meat now but very little. 

I found a kindred soul! I feel like a plant executioner... The only things I can reliably grow are strawberries, potatoes and spinach. Thank Bob we don't have to rely on my skills to survive,lol.

Quoting KickButtMama:

I used to be a vegetarian (mostly because I find meat gross) but I do not garden...I can't grow a vegetable to save my life. While my husband hunts, I won't eat deer meat, and my idea of roughing it is a 3 star hotel. 

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:17 PM

So you were more crunchy with your son but ended up homeschooling with your dd.

I did the same. I was most natural with my youngest but she goes to public school. Go figure.

Quoting Dawn07: I said partial because what I did with my daughter is opposite from my son. I formula fed, diapered, and rarely coslept with my daughter. My son I breastfed, cloth diapered a bit more, coslept way more, and majorly baby wore. I also made my own baby food with him and did not with her. However, even with those differences the decision to homeschool had been made with her.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I made all this awesome baby food for little dd too. I put it in ice cube trays and froze, all excited that my baby was getting the best. The brat wouldn't touch it,lol. None of my guys ever willingly ate baby food. They went straight from the bottle/boob to table food.

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Yep, my kids never got a drop of formula, I made all baby food, we are selective in vaccines, we cloth diapered, did as much baby wearing as I could and had the co-sleeper next to my bed for at least 6 months.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:20 PM

What's EP?

And oh I forgot! I did that too. 5yrs for ds and 3yrs for dd (she has a tall torso)

Quoting ablackdolphin:

I EP'd for 15 months with DD and was able to nurse DS until he was about 19 mo.  Oh and I also do extended rear facing in car seats!

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Poor baby! I knew a women who couldn't CD for the same reason.

What kind of carrier did you use? I got one like a baby Bijorn. That thing killed my back! I ended up using a maya tie. I was able to wear dd until she was 3 1/2 :-)

Quoting Mandallyn: I only did two. I tried to cloth diaper with my last, but he has a predisposition to fungal infections and the cloth diaper made it impossible to keep away, no matter how much I allowed him to air out, lathered on diaper rash cream, or changed his diaper. All of my kids were too big for baby wearing. They just couldn't fit comfortably at their size for anything. Especially my youngest, but boy did I try! I did breastfeed both my youngest for over 1yr. And I co-slept with my youngest. I'm just a little crunchy.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

HarrisonMD
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:01 PM

My kids are adopted so I couldn't breastfeed them even though I tried! Cloth diapers were a hassle for me so I stopped that and as far as baby wearing I did that when I needed both hands and now that DD is almost 4, now she wants to cosleep! lol

luvemboth
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:11 PM
I nursed each of my 3 for over a yr, I gave cloth diapering a short trial run but couldn't stand cleaning out the poop, and I only co-slept with #3...but that was only because #2 is only 15 months older and I didn't want to buy a 2nd crib, so I co-slept until #2 was ready for a big bed.

I do feel like I'm slowly becoming more crunchy though...but I'm ok with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)