Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's Sunday. Are you prepared for the week?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not! LOL Better get cracking, right?

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Nothing to prep, blessedly, lol.

We'll do some math tomorrow maybe, but we're on break. I received our new phonics program, and now I'm waiting on the rest of our new curriculum (we're starting a "new year" in April).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

HKing01
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I have a 2nd grader, kindergartener, preschooler and newborn. I try to keep it simple. We have been using A Beka but I have been trying out the Easy Peasy program too. I am still trying to figure out what to use for next year, I want to find an easier program but one that still includes everything we need.

Quoting mem82:

Just keep it simple is my motto! How many kids do you have? What approach do you use?

Congrats on the baby 8)

Quoting HKing01:

I don't think I'm fully prepared. Tomorrow will be the end of our 2 week "spring break". I had my baby on the 4th and we were in the hospital for 4 days. It should be interesting trying to get back to our regular schedule with a newborn.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 4:09 PM

LOL The Holy Grail of homeschooling, a program that is complete and simple *sigh* Good luck! How do you like Easy Peasy? I haven't met anyone who has used it long term so I'd love to get an opinion on it.

Quoting HKing01:

I have a 2nd grader, kindergartener, preschooler and newborn. I try to keep it simple. We have been using A Beka but I have been trying out the Easy Peasy program too. I am still trying to figure out what to use for next year, I want to find an easier program but one that still includes everything we need.

Quoting mem82:

Just keep it simple is my motto! How many kids do you have? What approach do you use?

Congrats on the baby 8)

Quoting HKing01:

I don't think I'm fully prepared. Tomorrow will be the end of our 2 week "spring break". I had my baby on the 4th and we were in the hospital for 4 days. It should be interesting trying to get back to our regular schedule with a newborn.

HKing01
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Easy Peasy has it's pros and cons. So far I like the reading and history but I don't feel like it's very good for writing and math.

Quoting mem82:

LOL The Holy Grail of homeschooling, a program that is complete and simple *sigh* Good luck! How do you like Easy Peasy? I haven't met anyone who has used it long term so I'd love to get an opinion on it.

Quoting HKing01:

Quoting mem82:

Congrats on the baby 8)

Quoting HKing01:

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 16, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Hahaha NO! I am doing good to survive the weekend let alone even think about the week.

TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Mostly ready. We're having a surprise St. Patricks Day party tomorrow. The girls don't know a thing about it. I'll make the jello (green of course!) for jiggler cut outs tonight. I've got watermelon cupcake mix & green frosting from target, and will make those first thing in the morning. They can decorate those with candy eyes & mustaches. :). I'll hide gold chocolate coins around the house after they're asleep too.

Plus regular school stuff of course. We didn't have class parties this year like they would have in ps, so I thought I'd make tomorrow fun.
Precious333
by Julia on Mar. 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Lol, no! I tend to be more of a 'wing it' type of person. I am trying to head to the store now for a science project for the kids class tomorrow.
Precious333
by Julia on Mar. 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM
My kids are the same ages as you!

Quoting HKing01:

Quoting mem82:

Congrats on the baby 8)

Quoting HKing01:

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I'm ready for the next 4 weeks....tomorrow just isn't set up.  I was supposed to do it Friday, but was drained by the end of the day.  Saturday I was up and out of the house by 930.  Home again long enough to wash dishes, feed the kids lunch, and cook dinner.  We left again and got home around 8 and ate dinner and then baths and bed.  Up today and out the door again.....hopefully just after the kids go to bed I can prepare the folders for tomorrow.  The weekends wear me out more than my week does.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Somewhat.  I printed a bunch of St. Patrick's themed worksheets last week so I will have her work on those while I fumble around getting the next subject together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN