Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are working on in Math?

Posted by   + Show Post

Cole is finishing up some geometry and also working on memorization of the times tables.
Missie is flying through finding the area of various shapes in. Pretty Algebra.

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Replies (11-19):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:47 AM
DD10 is doing division, we just started MUS Delta a couple weeks ago.

DS11 is doing prealgebra, working with negative numbers.
redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:06 PM

We are using Horizon's math. It is a spiral approach, so the worksheet she is working on now is reviewing place values, number orders for the 70s and 80s, and units of measurement (quart, cup, etc.)

katyq
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:27 AM

My son is just a couple of months shy of his fourth birthday and we are working mainly on patterns and one to one correspondance with numbers up to ten. Patterns are a real doozie, apparently :p

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Savannah is working on LOF fractions, Mathantics fractions and still plugging though Xtra math. 

Bubba is on LOF Butterflies and 3rd grade addition from k5 learning.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 5:03 PM

We're taking a break right now, while I wade through our new curricula (we start our new year in a week or so), but when we left off Nico was working on memorizing his +1 addition facts (he has those down now); we're working with the concept of one digit addition and subtraction. When we start back up, we'll keep plugging with that (one digit addition and subtraction; money), and starting working on memorizing the +2 addition facts.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Domain and Range - yuck

Outrageous
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:42 PM
3rd grader working on fractions and mixed numbers at this point.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I just started my pre-algebra class at co-op on statistics & probability. They loved practicing by playing a game of Yahtzee ;)

Mweddle
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Today DD did MUS alpha lesson 8 solving for the unknown (simple addition)  She did great.  I am so impressed with her and this program right  now.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)