Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Well, Cole is going to make today miserable.

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:48 AM
  • 9 Replies
How are the attitudes at your house?
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TidewaterClan
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this

You need the Homeschool Detention Program, lol!  

I scattered gold chocolate coins around the house before they woke up so that helped set a good mood for the day.  :) 

jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Better than yesterday. We went on a field trip when it was cold. My son hates the cold. They love school work so today is going to be good day at least until we hit the cleaning part of our day.
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:04 AM

They've made some leprechaun traps, I've got some Rolos around the house, and they've watched a St. Patrick's day video.  Ask again after I start making them do math and such.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:33 PM

None at the moment but you never know!

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Aiden is really upsetting me right now. He doesn't want to do his math. He's been sitting at he table for 15 minutes starring at ____+6=15 and saying that he does't know it. So I broke it down very simply three different ways and he is still supposedly not knowing it. He doesn't want to do it.He's really testing my patients. REALLY testing me.
coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Better today than yesterday.  I'm hoeful for tomorrow.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:26 PM
I have almost nothing in the house. We have been pumping all our money into savings to buy a house and I keep scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to stuff like this.

So... I had a few vanilla wafers, apples, and whipped up green royal icing. I made a snack of half an apple (core removed) and stuck three vanilla wafers to it with the green royal icing and painted the the wafers. They really did come out ok...

I also printed off a word find (irish theme) and we watched a youtube short on st patrick. Then we discussed because the video was so quick. They munched away on the apple treat while watching.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Oh and we did double english, double social studies, spelling, practices for choir and an upcoming play they are in. We finished math and are taking a short break for a bit.

Oh..I have started my k12 phonics 1 with abby. She still can't write well, but she is really starting to move fwd in reading.

Attitudes have been goid today.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Our attitudes have been pretty good today. I'm kind of surprised too. We've gotten a few things done today.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)