Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Excellence in Writing

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM
  • 19 Replies
Do any of you use this program for writing? What do you think of it?
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Oh wow. I've never heard of it. Coukd you post a link to it? I'd like to check it out. :)
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
http://iew.com
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Thank you. I am going to go check it out. :)

Quoting chotovec82: http://iew.com
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:41 PM
A gal I respect ( her eldest is 16 and she is pregnant with her 8th), she swears by it. She is very happy with it and keeps encouraging me to look at it... but that is the extent of my experience.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:48 PM
It looks like it would be helpful. Have you bought it yet?
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Quoting kirbymom: It looks like it would be helpful. Have you bought it yet?

I have not. I was talking to a friend of mine about the Math U See program and how it was very usful for my boys since they seem to be visual learners. I joked with her that I needed a writing program like MUS. She then told me about this program. She said that she actually got to meet the guy who made the program. I guess the guy said that he got the idea for this program from watching the Demo video of Dr. Demme. So now I'm really intrigued. I'm considering using it for this upcoming year tho.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Wow. I would be intrigued too. Is the EIW curriculum expensive?

Quoting chotovec82:

I have not. I was talking to a friend of mine about the Math U See program and how it was very usful for my boys since they seem to be visual learners. I joked with her that I needed a writing program like MUS. She then told me about this program. She said that she actually got to meet the guy who made the program. I guess the guy said that he got the idea for this program from watching the Demo video of Dr. Demme. So now I'm really intrigued. I'm considering using it for this upcoming year tho.
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Quoting kirbymom: Wow. I would be intrigued too. Is the EIW curriculum expensive?

Quoting chotovec82:

Well it's like 165 dollars for the teaching videos which are from K-9 or higher (I have to look again) and then around 60 something for the Primary Writing Pack and I'd also need to spend another 35 for the Bible Heroes writing pack for my older child. This can be used between the K-2 grades or a 3rd grader that can't write paragraphs very well.
mom2gdj
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We go to a homeschool coop and this program is used in the writing classes from 5th grade level and up. I have seen my kids paragraphs drastically improve since using this program. I highly recommend it if your child is struggling with writing paragraphs. 

Shannon

Mom 2 18yo dd (Senior this year), 13yo ds, 13yo dd

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I used IEW for a short time with my eldest before she went to school. I love it and it'll be my go to should she ever come home again, and when my boys are old enough. One of the best local Catholic schools uses it too.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN