Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How do you tell...

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:08 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
your Public school that you are going to pull 2 of your kids out, to homeschool. Especially when you have a great relationship with the teachers(students are really awful, disrespectful, mean).

I am keeping 2 of my students there, but feel horrible about taking the two that are going to be homeschooled out.
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this
You just say, 'Thanks, but we're going to try something different. It's not you, or anything you did.'
Be prepared for them to try and talk you out of it.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Quoting mem82: You just say, 'Thanks, but we're going to try something different. It's not you, or anything you did.' Be prepared for them to try and talk you out of it.

I agree! Stay strong. Prepare your, "Its not you its me" speech. lol. Or you could just do it by letter and avoid talking to them in person. 

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting mem82: You just say, 'Thanks, but we're going to try something different. It's not you, or anything you did.' Be prepared for them to try and talk you out of it.

I agree! Stay strong. Prepare your, "Its not you its me" speech. lol. Or you could just do it by letter and avoid talking to them in person. 

Yep I would do this! Have the speech all ready & don't let them talk you out of it!

hancex6
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:15 AM

I think it would be much easier, if I was going to Homeschool all my kids, but I am homeschooling 2, of 4, and the other 2 will remain there.  I guess I better prepare myself for a lifetime of them trying to talk me out of it, lol.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
These ladies said it all! Just stick to your guns. You are the one who knows best for your family. Not them.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 20, 2014 at 7:52 AM
I'd be matter of fact and just tell them 1 and 2 will no longer be attending, as they will be homeschooled, but that 3 and 4 will still be at school. This way you let them know who to expect and not to expect. You don't have to tell them why but if they ask just tell them you have decided it is best for these two and their personalities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hancex6
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 8:44 AM

That's the plan.  They will ask, because it is a Charter School and we have to fill out re-enrollment forms each year.  Today they are due, and I have to drop them off, so I will be dropping 2 off ;-)  I want to Thank All the ladies for the support on here, I will continue to accept it as we start our home school journey, lol!

Quoting Boobah: I'd be matter of fact and just tell them 1 and 2 will no longer be attending, as they will be homeschooled, but that 3 and 4 will still be at school. This way you let them know who to expect and not to expect. You don't have to tell them why but if they ask just tell them you have decided it is best for these two and their personalities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)