leaning wall shelfMy apartment is about the size of a doll house, so I love space-saving anything. But in order to really work for me, a piece must do double-duty. I'm talking serious multifunctionality -- look good, do two different jobs, and maybe even fold the laundry. (Someone is going to invent that someday ... ) Here's 7 very chic double-duty ideas that will help keep the clutter at bay.

Leaning Wall Shelf

IKEA's PS 2014 collection (in stores this April) has a lot of cool space-saving pieces. I especially like this leaning wall shelf, which you could put in just about any room of your home. I like how the cross bar at the top allows you to hang things as well.

Leaning Bath Shelf

West Elm has a similar leaning shelf, but with a laundry basket. I could see this in a kids' room, where you could use the laundry basket for toys or clean cloth diapers.

Leaning Bath Shelf

Stacking Storage Table

This guy comes in all white. You can use the top one as a tray. 

Stacking Storage Table

Storage Coffee Table

Here's a higher-end version of that same idea -- a coffee table with storage inside. 

Storage Coffee Table

Peg Board Organizer

I love peg board organizers -- they can go anywhere. You can use one in the bathroom ...

Peg Board Organizer

Or in your front hallway. I use a peg board in the kitchen for holding pots, pans, and large utensils.
Peggy Board Storage

Corner Cabinet

Got an odd corner? I love this cute corner cabinet. You can get rid of the legs and stack one on top of the other.

Corner Cabinet

Fold-Up Secretary Desk

A secretary is a desk you can fold up and close when it's not in use. I think it would also work as a dressing table. This one, also from the IKEA PS 2014 collection, has a deep shelf up top for even more storage.

Fold-Up Secretary Desk

Step Up Storage Stool

I think we've all seen versions of this classic stool. This one comes with a little shelf below. I can see this working in the bathroom or just about any place where a toddler plays and sits (store toys below).

Step Up Storage Stool

Storage Trundle Bed

The trundle bed -- great for occasional visitors, but you don't have to put a mattress in there. You can also always use that space for clothing, extra bedding or toys.  

What are your storage and space saving tips, tricks and strategies?