Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

burned out, poor, but still thankful

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:09 PM
  • 21 Replies
4 moms liked this
So, tuesday was a hard day. I woke up reminding myself that God's mercies are new every morning. I was still tired, but not stressed. I went to bible study and.before taking the kids to soccer class we knocked on the neighbor's door to get the soccer ball. So, you all have seen my teeny tiny house that is well loved and lived in (putting it nicely! Lol). Well we went to our neighbors. Beautiful garden. White picket fenae. Benches on the porch and filled with greenery, flowers and pottery. She invited us in. Beauriful redone house, spotless, antiques.....just beautiful. Serious I havr never seen a house to clean, peaceful and quiet. I wanted to take a nap there! Lol the kids were so polite and behaved themselves. My oldest complimented her kn her decore. She invited us to come through her yard whenever we hit a ball over and complinentes the.kids on their politeness.

So, i thought for a bit. I do have to admit that I was a bit jealous as I am so tired, burned out and desperate for a break. However I am so blessed to have my four beautiful children and privileged to homeschool them. My reward is so much more rich as I rather be with my children than have none or them gone all day....even with their messiness, loudness and craziness.
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally agree. We will reap our reward in a happy, God loving family.

You are blessed.
mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey, I am in the tired, crazy children, well lived in house club myself. It takes a lot of work to not compare to others lives. little flower

Precious333
by Julia on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Oh. I know!

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

Hey, I am in the tired, crazy children, well lived in house club myself. It takes a lot of work to not compare to others lives. little flower

Precious333
by Julia on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I think so too :) i am very thankful, even though Im tired!

Quoting bugayfamilyof4: I totally agree. We will reap our reward in a happy, God loving family.

You are blessed.
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Good way of looking at things.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this

The way I see it is I can have a clean orderly house when they are all grown & gone to live their lives. Right now spending time with them is so much more important the an immaculate house.

Precious333
by Julia on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Yep! But then there is always grandkids, but they wont live with me (better not lol)

Quoting usmom3:

The way I see it is I can have a clean orderly house when they are all grown & gone to live their lives. Right now spending time with them is so much more important the an immaculate house.

Tasha911471
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 5:21 AM
I do know that feeling. I have felt it also however as you I have realised how blessed I am and how boring life would be without my beautiful boys to make it messy and action filled . Lol :)
Precious333
by Julia on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Absolutely! I told dh the same thing :)

Quoting Tasha911471: I do know that feeling. I have felt it also however as you I have realised how blessed I am and how boring life would be without my beautiful boys to make it messy and action filled . Lol :)
jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:07 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Great attitude. This picture helps to remind me to be thankful and embrace what I have. I love my craziness.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN