Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool conventions- Would you? Have you? Yay or nay?

Posted by   + Show Post

tell me your thoughts

by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:56 AM
I've been,but I wasn't impressed enough to make it worth the money. I went because I'm the type of buyer that needs to hold a product in my hand and check it out before I buy, so I hate online shopping . So I did enjoy that. But it was just too crowded and too overwhelming to be enjoyable. I never went for the speakers. I hate sitting through lectures.
AmyG1976
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM

this or at least close to half secular

Quoting KickButtMama:

If I knew it would be secular I'd go. But the ones I've seen were primarily religious.

AmyG1976
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:04 AM

if you are part of a co-op or any group nearby (like even a monthly homeschool skating event or play group) have a curriculm day where everyone brings in stuff they like stuff they dont that they still have and everyone can look over ask questions ect :) We do it at our co-op about once year. I have found things that I didnt know I would like that way.

Quoting Leissaintexas: I've been,but I wasn't impressed enough to make it worth the money. I went because I'm the type of buyer that needs to hold a product in my hand and check it out before I buy, so I hate online shopping . So I did enjoy that. But it was just too crowded and too overwhelming to be enjoyable. I never went for the speakers. I hate sitting through lectures.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM
I would love to go but they are never close enough and it sometimes is costly. :(
collinsmommy0
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM
I'm interested too. Apparently the 'adventures in homeschooling' conference is going to be near me this year - like a 15 min drive from home. I may go, I may sign up for a day pass to see some speakers, I want to look at the vendor hall - I have a 3 year old & 7 month old so really just going to browse
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I've never been to one.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I have not & I don't know if I would or not!

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM

That's only for the vendor hall. 

We will be going to the GHC for the 3rd year. I have been able to find a lot of good things there.

Quoting mem82: Is it only ten dollars?
Quoting TidewaterClan: I went to the greater hs convention in cincy last year. It's $10 for the vending hall only this year. There are a lot of religious sellers like Sonlight & Abeka, but I go for secular ones like harcourt-houghton mifflin, rainbow resources, lots of smaller bookstores, a science seller, etc.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:15 AM
There are two near us. I keep intending on going.

I want to go next year for sure because it Will be held near the end of my eldests 7th grade year. I will be attending the classes that cover the high school topics.

I have some ideas of how to hs for high school. However, getting pumped up and learning more really will help me be more confident.
melindabelcher
by Mel on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:53 AM
We are going to the mass hope convention next month
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN