Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool conventions- Would you? Have you? Yay or nay?

Posted by   + Show Post

tell me your thoughts

by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Replies (31-33):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Is there more than one expo in st louis? I went to the one at first evangelical free church on thursday.

My daughter's choir performed at the talent show.

It was free on thursday night. Next year I want to go to the speakers events over the weekend. Specifically the high school topics. However, I wasn't interested in paying for it this year.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

I'm going today to the St Louis Homeschool Expo. I wasn't going to until I saw Lee Binz on the speaker list, and several discussions on high school, keeping records, college apps, and writing transcripts. All stuff I need right now.

It's $20 (because I forgot to buy my ticket ahead), and very religious, but there are enough other extras that the vendor hall is a fun place.

cheerylrob2
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:06 PM

We Just attended that one too!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

We have a big one here (Great Homeschool Conventions) - this weekend actually. I want to see Dr. Carson, but I'm not paying $45 when there isn't a single other speaker I care to see, and the vending hall has almost nothing for me (it's almost entirely protestant, with a few secular options running around - but nothing Catholic and not many secular options). ALL of the science options in the vending hall are young earth. Most of the speakers seem to be parenting, worldview, etc, with less focus on academics.

There is a Catholic homeschool convention a couple hours away, but it's dominated by one Catholic homeschool academy (Seton), and I'd really like to see all of the Catholic vendors represented a bit more.

I base my decisions largely on the vending hall - if I don't like what I see on that list, it isn't worth my time. I have no desire to sit through most of the speakers. My parish priest is, however, speaking at the local Catholic one in May, so maybe... lol.

SusanTheWriter
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:07 PM

That's the one. :) I didn't go on Thursday night, but I was there Fri and Sat. Lee's workshops were worth the price of admission for me.

Quoting KrissyKC: Is there more than one expo in st louis? I went to the one at first evangelical free church on thursday. My daughter's choir performed at the talent show. It was free on thursday night. Next year I want to go to the speakers events over the weekend. Specifically the high school topics. However, I wasn't interested in paying for it this year.
Quoting SusanTheWriter:

I'm going today to the St Louis Homeschool Expo. I wasn't going to until I saw Lee Binz on the speaker list, and several discussions on high school, keeping records, college apps, and writing transcripts. All stuff I need right now.

It's $20 (because I forgot to buy my ticket ahead), and very religious, but there are enough other extras that the vendor hall is a fun place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN