Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

daily schedules

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:39 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do any of you keep a schedule with your kids that they follow (or try to follow) daily?  Not just for homeschooling, but for the entire day?  We don't anymore (used to when they were little little).  We don't even really keep one for their homeschool work!  But they have been driving me semi-crazy because if I'm not finding something to occupy them it's constant trouble.  I'm tempted to make a schedule!!!!! 

by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:44 PM

We don't keep one. We have tried in the past, but things just work better if we work off of a list of tasks. Every morning I will write down a list of things that needs to be done and we do those in no particular order.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my.  My guys are driving me crazy, too.  I had been doing a schedule, just for our morning/schooling, but I've been very relaxed about that and it's not working for us.  I don't want to schedule the whole day, though, I want them to figure out how to occupy themselves.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:43 PM

I have a list of things for them to do, but not a time table.  For my daughter we used to have a time table for school and it worked for a while and then she started doing well with out it.  My son is 3, so I have a list of things for us to do through out the day, if he wants to do them, if not he plays or watches movies.  I'll be putting him on a time table to get school done when he is in first grade, then he will be able to watch movies.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:46 PM
I did have but not so much right now. Although I am about to reinstate a darn schedule very soon!
jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:13 PM
We have a schedule but it is very flexible and mostly for keeping track of when we need to be at certain places.
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:29 PM

They don't work for use, they just add to the stress.

JadeTigr7
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:30 PM

I have a very basic schedule for school work, like a, we do these subjects in this order type thing, but an actual schedule?  Nope.

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:57 PM

No, not to keep the kids occupied (my youngest is 13 and keeps himself occupied pretty well throughout the day).  I do try and keep to a loose schedule for myself, though.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 12:18 AM
I have to have one or I would have my house demolished daily
mrjjmt
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 12:59 AM

What is your schedule? I am trying to figure out one for my house.

Quoting debramommyof4: I have to have one or I would have my house demolished daily

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN