Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's a new week! What will you be doing?

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy, busy?

by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Start packing all the little stuff like junk drawers, first.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: Stressing! We are in escrow on our new house and have the inspection today so going out there (15-20 min away), signing paperwork, and more paperwork!

Packimg..must start packing! Eek!

Monthly school reports are due. No biggie...just gotta do it!

Usual weekly routine of Boy scouts, church, karate, cribbage, walking the dogs 5x a week, etc.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Today is kind of a messed up day as I had a Dr. appt this am.  Good thing DH did lots of Science with DD this weekend.  I'll see what comes when DS goes down for a nap and if DD is ready to do a little work.

The rest of the week is somewhat quiet. We'll try to get back into math after a little time away from it.

I've been trying to plan a few things for upcoming themed days like April Fools, May Day, Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day etc.  She always gets super excited when we have a special day so I try to use every opportunity out there!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We're going to have our heads in the clouds. Well, stars to be exact,lol. We're starting astronomy then microbiology.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Ugh! I don't have anything for the week planned. Just today.
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:11 AM
We will be getting the keys to our home next Monday, so we will be finishing all our packing this week. The girls have karate on Tuesday, homeschool book club on Wednesday. I need to start planning for our new school year. My daughter birthday is Friday, we're celebrating it Saturday. We will busy busy busy!!
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Had a dr appt for the baby yesterday (she is 4 months and 16 lbs!), I have an appt later tonight with the chiro and another appt on Friday.  We are all going to see the eye dr on Sat and I have to do my monthly meal planning and shopping this weekend too.  

School is just school, we are in week 25 of 36......so not much more to go although we are still behind in some subjects.  I keep thinking I need to get better prepared but then that doesn't happen.  LOL  If only I could clone myself.  I truly don't know how some of you ladies do all of the things that you do with the extra curricular stuff.  I want them to get started in some of it but man........

I do need to start getting things together for my eldest son's birthday coming up in April.  We bought him a bunny and I am so excited for him!  Now when the novelty wears off and Mom is caring for it, we will see.  LOL

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Oldest dd is still learning to become a hairdresser.  I am her hair model this week and I'm readying myself for her to cut my hair really short (yikes, lol).  

Youngest dd is getting her report card this week and she's endlessly making prom plans.  She will also be doing hours of rehearsing at her dance studio for the upcoming dance competitions.  

Ds will be doing about 6-10 hours of formal homeschool academics this week, about 20 hours of informal academics (self-structured stuff), as well as 6 hours of mixed martial arts, and an hour of religion class.

I have a job interview on Friday and I really really want this.  I haven't worked since July and I'm ready to get back in the game.  It's part-time mornings, which fits perfectly into my schedule.   

Angela

dd(20) Hair Stylist in Manhattan
dd(17) Dancer at the (real) Fame school
ds(13) Martial artist & experiential homeschooler

bcogoli
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM

You all sound so busy!!!

This week is my first easy week in a long time. We have school and some errands and then Thursday my husband is taking me away for 2 nights. The kids will be going to my moms. 

tntmom1027
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:38 PM

This week we are conitnuing our study of community helpers(still trying to arrange a tour of the police station and fire station just keep playing phone tag lol). We will be starting a new science unit on energy. Doing Language arts unit on poetry. And our regular reading and mathamatics. 

And I'm trying to figure out a way to get my 6 yr old to practice handwriting without whining. lol 

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

We have had appointments galore all week. Re-check on DS' ear infections, dentist appointments for me, and a parent teacher conference for DD on Friday.

Doesn't matter though. I think it'll take me another week to finish putting together Nico's new phonics program.

Just a little note to the IEW publishers of the PAL reading program I purchased: I would have happily paid more if the games had come already assembled. I know your TM states that it's "fun" to "assemble these games with your student, as you go", but my son doesn't care for crafting and only tolerates coloring for a few minutes, so guess who has spent the last several nights pasting and coloring file folder games? Hint: NOT the child!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)